Hyatt Corporate Accounting Intern in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a self-motivated accounting student to join its Corporate Accounting – General Ledger team as a summer intern. Responsibilities include general oversight of assigned processes within the Hyatt monthly and quarterly close process. This includes preparation of journal entries, monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations as well as financial statement analytics across Hyatt entities. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the enhancement of internal controls and participating in special projects that incorporate a wide range of accounting exposure.
- Analyzing and posting of monthly and quarterly financial activity based on financial statements prepared by 3rd parties
- Fielding and resolving inquiries from management and external auditors.
- Contribute to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, including documentation of process areas and testing of key controls.
- Preparation of quarterly external reporting schedules
- Assist with the optimization of accounting procedures and special projects, as required.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and analytics over significant account balances.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Completion of intermediate level accounting courses
- Working toward Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Future desire to complete CPA-Certified Public Accountant
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Financial ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009312
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.