Hyatt Event Sales Manager-Cindy%27s in CHICAGO, Illinois
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
This position supports the organization in generating profitable revenue to increase restaurant revenue by selling and coordinating the execution of private events in Cindy’s Rooftop. The Event Sales Manager generates business from inquiries and client relationships interested in hosting private receptions and dinners in Cindy’s, from 10-12 person groups to complete buyouts of the space. This role will be responsible for all phases of the sales and booking process as well as the planning and coordination of the event through execution. In this position, the Event Sales Manager will participate in the continuing effort to deliver distinctively different guest experiences and nurture lasting relationships with our customers with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of optimum sales objectives.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets through building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Respond to sales inquiries and contact potential clients to build and nurture lasting business relationships.
- Understand the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and strategically sell against our competition.
- Take initiative to go beyond the ordinary to differentiate us from the competition and create loyalty.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs and respond promptly.
- Create, execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Produce quotes and written confirmation to all clients
- Assist clients through the planning and detail stage after booking an event, developing and enhancing the BEO and communicating to Culinary and Operations leaders in advance and during event execution to ensure a flawless experience
Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
You're more than welcome.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Sales Marketing or related field (or equivalent work experience) preferred.
- Prior Sales experience required. Must demonstrate consistent experience of strong revenue production, regularly meeting or exceeding targets.
- Prior experience in a luxury or boutique hotel or restaurant environment required.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office required. Experience with web-based Outlook 365 required.
- Experience with restaurant reservations software (Reserve) and Sales Catering software (Delphi) preferred.
- Experience with web-based communication programs needed.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and diplomatically in English, both written and verbal.
- Conversational abilities in other languages helpful.
- Must be able to move throughout crowded restaurant and bar areas.
- Must be able to sit and communicate via telephone for long periods of time
- Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests’ interests and needs are always primary.
- Must be available to work daytime, evening, weekend or holiday hours as business dictates in order to maintain superior guest and client relationships
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Chicago Athletic Association
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009716
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.