Hyatt Global Policies & Procedures Accounting Manager in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a self-motivated professional accountant to join its Global Policies & Procedures team. This individual will develop global accounting policies in order to ensure accurate and consistent application of US GAAP throughout the Company. This position will consult and provide technical accounting research assistance to various functions within the Company to ensure the proper application of US GAAP for significant non-routine transactions or for ad hoc inquiries. This individual will be responsible for understanding newly issued accounting pronouncements, monitoring the impact to the Company, and ensuring timely compliance where applicable. This position will manage the quarterly and annual impairment reviews on non-current assets. This individual will develop and deliver training on issued policies, newly issued accounting pronouncements, and other applicable updates related to the team. Furthremore, this individual will also assist in oversight of the chart of accounts governance process.
- Develop global accounting policies and assist in identification of revisions to policies
- Assist business unit teams and finance organization with the implementation and consistent application of global accounting policies and compliance with US GAAP
- Draft technical accounting memos for significant non-routine transactions to document the Company’s accounting positions and internal policies
- Review new accounting pronouncements, monitor impact to the Company and ensure timely compliance where applicable
- Manage the quarterly and annual impairment review on non-current assets
- Assist in the oversight of the Company’s corporate governance structure including governance for entities and the chart of accounts
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls that are the responsibility of the Global Policies & Procedures team
- Develop and deliver training on issued policies, new accounting pronouncements, and other team updates
- Serve as a key liaison between the Global Policies & Procedures team and the external auditors, including answering inquiries, preparing and providing support, coordinating requests and organizing semi-annual trainings
- Participate in assigned ad hoc requests and special projects as necessary
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in public accounting and/or corporate accounting
- Experience working at a large, multi-national accounting firm (Big Four) a plus
- Knowledge of hospitality industry and previous hotel accounting experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Accounting a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience with financial reporting systems (particularly Hyperion) a plus
- Communication skills – communicates effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing; responds appropriately to verbal and non-verbal cues; succinctly gets messages across that have desired effect.
- Expertise – demonstrates a high degree of professional accounting competence in correctly translating business process activity into journal entries; efficiently and accurately gauges the accounting accuracy of entries prepared by others; timely and independently resolves ad hoc accounting research issues.
- Organized – maintains proactive approach to accomplishing tasks; orchestrates multiple activities at once; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Customer focus – views every customer contact as an opportunity to add value and enhance relationships; considers the impact on customers as a barometer to use in decision making.
- Personal integrity and trust –widely trusted; direct, truthful individual; presents the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidence; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008705
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.