Hyatt Internal Audit Senior in CHICAGO, Illinois
As a member of the Internal Audit Team, the individual will be involved in performing higher level professional internal auditing including leading or conducting financial, compliance and enterprise audit projects. These projects are executed using both standard audit methods as well as data analytics techniques to drive optimal results. The individual will drive the key tasks required for the audit analytics program, including program management, technology support, and development of analytical and/or automated processes. The individual will be responsible for overseeing and training staff and interns and will maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards. The individual should be able to work independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Identifies and evaluates the company’s risk areas and provides key input to the development of the audit plan. Work with management to identify and evaluate risks and controls for business units and processes.
- Apply a strong understanding of business and IT processes, risks and controls to identify opportunities to enhance audit efficiencies and effectiveness through the development and delivery of automated processes
- Drive the key tasks required for the audit analytics program, including program management, technology support, data access, data preparation, analytic design and development.
- Drive the innovative use of audit analytics through direct participation in all phases of audits (i.e., planning, fieldwork, reporting)
- Define data needs, design and execute audit analytics during audits in accordance with the audit methodology and professional standards
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence and documenting client processes and procedures. Conduct interviews, review documents, develop and administer surveys, Compose summary memos and prepare working papers.
- Identifies, develops and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and be a representative of internal audit with various organizational project teams, at management meetings and with external organizations.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships throughout the company through individual contacts and meetings.
- Provides or assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to internal audit staff and interns in conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
- Represent internal audit function on various organizational project teams.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Experience * At least, three years of full-time in auditing, business analysis,SOx control testing or accounting * Experience with audit analytical tools (e.g., ACL, IDEA)
Education * Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations * None required * Preferred certification as a CPA, CIA, or CISA,
Computer Skills * Microsoft Office Suite * Oracle and/or Hyperion experience preferred
Additional Comments and Requirements * Self-motivated, highly collaborative, and the ability to build trusting relationships at all levels * Excellent analytical ability to understand business processes and related risks and controls, and develop innovative audit analytics based upon audit needs * Excellent communications and presentation skills * Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation, with ability to heavily multi-task. * Possess a can-do attitude, supported by customer-service, collaborative, and leadership abilities. * A natural curiosity to evaluate and analyze business problems from a variety of perspectives. Record of innovative, fresh thinking, and ability to find new ways to solve old problems. * Up to 30% travel but may change with business conditions and requirements
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009581
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.