Hyatt Internal Audit Staff in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a self-motivated professional accountant to join its Internal Audit Team. As a member of the Internal Audit team, the individual will be involved in performing financial, operational and compliance audit engagements. Responsibilities may include the audit of internal controls, hotel properties, and other corporate processes, as well as support of our external auditors. The individual will work under limited supervision from the Internal Audit Senior Manager and Internal Audit Senior, with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment. The individual will assist the team by providing objective evaluations, process improvement solutions, effective communication, and guidance in recommending effective internal control standards.
- Execute internal audits in accordance with agreed-upon scope guidance.
- Conduct interviews, review documents, develop and administer surveys (as necessary), compose summary memos / reports and prepare workpapers and analytics, as a part of hotel, corporate, or SOx audits.
- Assist with identifying and defining issues, analyzing evidence, documenting processes and procedures and developing recommendations.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations.
- Assist with identifying and evaluating the company’s risk areas and provide input to the development of the annual audit plan.
- Represent Internal Audit with various organizational project teams and with external organizations. Develop and maintain productive relationships throughout the company through individual contacts and meetings.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Experience * 1-3 years full-time experience in auditing, SOX, Accounting, or Finance; or 2-3 years full-time hotel finance experience. * Familiarity with applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, as well as business / IT. practices, reviewing financial statements, and interpreting legal documentation. * Excellent communications and presentation skills. * Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation, with ability to heavily multi-task. * Possess a can-do attitude, supported by customer-service, collaborative, and leadership abilities. * A natural curiosity to evaluate and analyze business problems from a variety of perspectives. * Record of innovative, fresh thinking, and ability to find new ways to solve old problems. * Experience in data analytics and data analytic tools such as ACL or Tableau a plus. * Experience in robotic process automation a plus. * Experience in hotel operations a plus. Education * Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems * Preferred: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations * Required: No requirements * Preferred: CPA, CIA, or Chartered Accountant
Computer Skills * Required: Microsoft Office Suite * Preferred: Hotel systems, including Oracle, Hyperion, iScala, and/or Opera
Additional Comments and Requirements * Foreign language skills a plus * Up to 30% travel but may change with business conditions and requirements
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009580
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.