Hyatt Java Developer in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt Hotels Corporation is an international hotel operating company with $4.5B in annual revenue and more than 850 properties spanning more than 60 countries. We are dedicated to completely reinventing the way we engage with our guests and are actively seeking transformative digital professionals to play a key role in these efforts. As a family-owned business since 1957, Hyatt has expanded to a global organization spanning 19 individual brands and engages with millions of customers every single year.
Hyatt is seeking a Java Development to support eCommerce efforts, as well as new, innovative systems for Hyatt guests and associates. This individual will work closely with back-end services teams, front-end designers, and product management in order to create scalable applications on the web.
As Hyatt is in the midst of a digital transformation, this engineer will play a critical role in the enterprise adoption of the lean-agile development methodology and will work closely with Design Leads as well as the Product Management team to plan and execute an iterative development cycle in a lean-agile environment and collaborate with DevOps to deliver new software and features to production early and often utilizing automated procedures.
Along with development responsibilities, this individual will also directly manage a team of four full-stack developers and quality assurance professionals.
· Analyze business requirements and partner with Product Management to develop an actionable technical roadmap
· Create back-end services utilizing Java, Node, and React that can be consumed by the Hyatt.com website as well as mobile apps
· Develop automated tests to support an environment of continuous integration and deployment
· Consult with other team members and implement solutions in-line with the departments’ visions.
· Participate in architecture reviews and technology standards definition
· Be comfortable in a fast-paced, iterative, experimental, and data-driven environment
· Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
· Manage multiple initiatives with competing priorities across the teams simultaneously by applying the right level of effort and care
· 2years of experience in a full-time development role utilizing Java
· Familiarity with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP
· Experience building web applications utilizing ReactJS and Node.js
· Experience utilizing Docker & Kubernetes to deliver new code into production
· Knowledge of HTML5, CSS, SQL, a plus
· Strong background with automation testing and deployment
· Able to maintain and refactor existing codebases to best practices and new technologies
· Work with backend developers to integrate and consume API’s
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Architecture/Design/Technical Services
Req ID: CHI010171
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.