Hyatt Kitchen Steward/Dishwasher in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Steward/Dishwasher is responsible for cleaning and restocking all restaurant and banquets dishware as well as kitchen equipment for specifically Cindy's Rooftop and Events at Chicago Athletic Association Hotel. Will keep kitchen areas clean including floors, storage areas, countertops, equipment and proper disposal of garbage and recycling items. Assist other departments with general upkeep of restaurant and banquets service areas as well as general cleanliness and organization of service alley.
Previously home to an elite athletic and social club, one of Chicago’s most beloved landmarks from the 1890’s is reborn as a bustling hotel playground, featuring a variety of iconic and unique restaurant and nightlife destinations, all in the heart of downtown. More than a restoration, Chicago Athletic Association is a revelation of historic architectural detail, from the grand marble staircases to the incomparable Cindy’s Rooftop, showcasing creative food and drink with unmatched views across Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- ServSafe or Sanitation certification helpful
- Prior cleaning experience in a commercial kitchen, preferably in a full-service boutique or luxury resort environment with multiple outlets and concepts required
- Prior experience working with cleaning equipment and large kitchen equipment preferred
- Must display ability to work with general mechanical devices including dishwashers and cleaning supply dispensers
- Must be able to communicate basic functions verbally in English
- Must be able to move throughout crowded kitchen areas.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly and up to 100 lbs on occasion; must be able to push/pull cart of up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests’ interests and needs are always primary.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including mornings or evenings, weekends and holidays as business dictates.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Chicago Athletic Association
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009395
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.