Hyatt Senior Financial Analyst - The Americas in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a self-motivated professional to join its Corporate Finance team within The Americas regional business unit. The individual will support the monthly and quarterly reporting process to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the business unit’s financial statements. This will include preparation of the monthly and quarterly analytic packages and key components of the financial information presented to upper management each quarter. In addition, the individual will provide significant support to management, as well as, the various corporate departments within The Americas throughout the forecast and budget process. It is expected that the individual be an independent thinker and identify areas in need of improvement and implement the necessary changes to achieve the desired results.
- Support the monthly and quarterly close reporitng process to ensure accounting and reporting accuracy including preparation of monthly and quarterly analytics
- Support both the annual planning and monthly forecasting cycles
- Responsible for tracking and payment of segment commitments, including key money and performance guarantees
- Complete analysis and validation of both management fees and frachise fees; position with validate that management and franchise fees are accurante and will report on deviations from expectations.
- Review of key account reconciliations as well as A/R customer balances as provided by corporate accounting
- Preparation of stand alone financial statements
- Support special projects as required, with particular emphasis on process improvement for the recording of segment fee streams
- Development and preparation of various ad hoc reports for management review
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 3 years of experience with: serving larger publicly held companies at an accounting firm, and/or reporting, accounting policy and consolidations functions at a large publicly held company.
- Demonstrated managerial experience.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proficient in Excel.
- Oracle and/or Hyperion knowledge preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
- Pro-active, strong time management skills and ability to perform well under pressure.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008871