Hyatt Senior Manager, Global Policies and Procedures in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a self-motivated professional accountant to joint its Technical Accounting – Global Policies and Procedures team. This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the quarterly and annual impairment review process.
- Analyzing, implementing, and training on new accounting pronouncements, as they are issued.
- Consulting and providing research assistance to Business Unit teams and other members of the finance organization to ensure the proper application of US GAAP to unique or unusual transactions.
- Overseeing the development of global accounting policies at the corporate and hotel level to ensure accurate and consistent application of US GAAP throughout Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
- Developing and delivering training on issued policies and procedures
- Develop global accounting policies and procedures and assist in identification of policy revisions
- Assist business unit teams and finance organization with the implementation and consistent application of global accounting policies and compliance with US GAAP
- Facilitate quarterly and annual impairment reviews
- Review significant non-routine transactions to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Draft technical accounting memos to document the Company’s accounting positions and internal policies
- Review new accounting pronouncements and implementation as applicable
- Develop and deliver training on transactional activity, issued policies and procedures and on new accounting pronouncements
- Participate in assigned special projects as necessary
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting.
- Knowledge of hotel industry accounting standards and previous hotel accounting experience a plus
- Experience working at a large multinational accounting firm (Big 4) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Accounting, preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience with financial reporting systems, particularly Hyperion, a plus
- Oral and written communications – communicates effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing; responds appropriately to verbal and non-verbal cues; can succinctly get messages across that have desired effect.
- Expertise – demonstrates a high degree of profressional accounting competence in correctly translating business process activity into journal entries; can efficiently and accurately gauge the accounting accuracy of entries prepared by others; timely and independently resolves ad hoc accounting research issues.
- Organizing – can proactivelyget things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Customer focus – views every customer contact as an opportunity to add value and enhance relationships. Considers the impact on customers as a barometer to use in decision making.
- Personal integrity and trust – is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009142