Hyatt Senior Manager, Technical Accounting in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a self-motivated professional accountant to joint its Technical Accounting – Global Policies and Procedures team. This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the quarterly and annual impairment review process.
- Analyzing, implementing, and training on new accounting pronouncements, as they are issued.
- Consulting and providing research assistance to Business Unit teams and other members of the finance organization to ensure the proper application of US GAAP to unique or unusual transactions.
- Overseeing the development of global accounting policies at the corporate and hotel level to ensure accurate and consistent application of US GAAP throughout Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
- Developing and delivering training on issued policies and procedures
- Develop global accounting policies and procedures and assist in identification of policy revisions
- Assist business unit teams and finance organization with the implementation and consistent application of global accounting policies and compliance with US GAAP
- Facilitate quarterly and annual impairment reviews
- Review significant non-routine transactions to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Draft technical accounting memos to document the Company’s accounting positions and internal policies
- Review new accounting pronouncements and implementation as applicable
- Develop and deliver training on transactional activity, issued policies and procedures and on new accounting pronouncements
- Participate in assigned special projects as necessary
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting.
- Knowledge of hotel industry accounting standards and previous hotel accounting experience a plus
- Experience working at a large multinational accounting firm (Big 4) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Accounting, preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience with financial reporting systems, particularly Hyperion, a plus
- Oral and written communications – communicates effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing; responds appropriately to verbal and non-verbal cues; can succinctly get messages across that have desired effect.
- Expertise – demonstrates a high degree of profressional accounting competence in correctly translating business process activity into journal entries; can efficiently and accurately gauge the accounting accuracy of entries prepared by others; timely and independently resolves ad hoc accounting research issues.
- Organizing – can proactivelyget things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Customer focus – views every customer contact as an opportunity to add value and enhance relationships. Considers the impact on customers as a barometer to use in decision making.
- Personal integrity and trust – is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009142
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.