Hyatt Senior Software Architect in CHICAGO, Illinois
Position Summary We are looking for an experienced Software Architect to make intuitive high level decisions for software development. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team. A great software architect has a strong technical background and excellent IT skills. They are experienced in designing and possess ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions.
The Senior Architect will report to the Chief Architect and will collaborate with the entire enterprise to build a hospitality platform that will deliver technology as a strategic advantage. This new platform will operate on a global scale to benefit our guests, colleagues, and owners of over 700 hotel properties worldwide.
The platform, consisting of set of microservices wrapping legacy technologies connected in a streaming architecture will leverage state of the art IaaS and PaaS technologies. It will support modernization of existing systems as well as development of new products in a Continuous Delivery model, leveraging Agile and DevOps best practices using containers as a core element for both data center cloud deployments in Kubernetes.
The Senior Architect will help drive the process of defining technology standards to support this effort. They will help determine when we should evaluate new technologies, and assist with prototyping and proof of concept efforts. They will also evaluate existing technologies and guide efforts to manage the process to standardize, migrate or sunset items as appropriate. The Senior Architect will participate in regularly scheduled architecture review sessions to facilitate communication and collaboration across all teams.
The candidate must be a systems thinker and will have a diverse combination of experience across many dimensions, with depth in some areas:
Infrastructure, Operations, and Security Application Support and Production Support Chaos Engineering DevOps Data Architecture and Data Governance Software Architecture Cloud Application Architectures Microservices and API design Streaming Architectures and Kafka
The ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following characteristics:
- You are just as skilled at communicating with humans as you are with machines.
- You like Agile. You like DevOps. Thus you like Continuous Delivery. However, you understand that Agile doesn’t mean you can skip planning, and DevOps and ITIL can coexist in harmony.
- You like Clouds, providing agility, provided by automation, made possible by standards, discipline, and pragmatic governance.
- You like to build platforms composed of loosely coupled, contractually obligated services. Terms like API Façade make you smile.
- You love Open Source and are willing to contribute back to the communities.
- You want to help software take over the world, and help provide authentic hospitality in the process.
- You want Mobile apps to be first class citizens in the software world that anticipate your needs.
- You are a maker and you are driven by the thought of seeing your creation in the hands of millions of customers.
- You like the challenge of simplifying complex systems, and you always consider the big picture even when acting locally.
You are a pleasure to work with and value a great company culture.
8 years of experience in a full-time technology role. Previous experience as an architect, mentoring developers
- Software Engineering, Architecture, Technical Operations
- Strong Agile and DevOps experience preferred
- Preferred candidate is passionate about travel and the Hospitality industry
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009303
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.