Hyatt Camp Counselor in CLE ELUM, Washington
Responsible for the development, planning, organization, implementation of Campcadia’s Jr. Ranger program, teen & family programs, group/convention recreation, employee activities and special events. Must professionally manage the daily operations of the Jr Rangers Program, youth and family programs, special events and group/corporate recreation programs. Participate as a leader at the Resort in building teamwork, effectiveness of services and the overall character of the resort experience.
- Will be available to work Campcadia shifts, working weekends, nights and holidays
- Responsible for development, implementation, and facilitation of activities programs including; Jr Rangers, teen & family programming, convention recreation, employee and special events programming.
- Manage daily/seasonal operations for the Jr Rangers Program at Campcadia which includes; outdoor and indoor adventures, daily activities, and special event programming.
- Work with Resort Events Manager to create and coordinate Jr Ranger program.
- Building and managing relationship between preferred vendors and resort departments, including acting as liaison for proposals, creating new offerings, transportation needs and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Assist with development and maintenance of standard operating procedures and emergency action plans manuals for all department associates.
- Responsible for the daily operation and functions of all programs, including staffing changes based on the number of participants on a given day, inventory, supplies, and overall appearance of the facilities.
- Maintaining accurate records of attendance, registration, waiver forms, and cashiering that satisfies administrative and accounting needs.
- Responsible for tracking inventory for all programs on a weekly basis and coordinate ordering with the Resort Events Manager
- Attends weekly, monthly or quarterly team meetings.
- Regularly promotes Suncadia activities and programs by being knowledgeable of all outlets, upcoming activities and special events. Must be able to positively respond to guest inquiries.
- Assist with the promotion and distribution of marketing materials.
- Maintain operational efficiency and guest satisfaction.
- Institute safety regulations; maintain a safe and pleasant work environment; instill a safe work ethic in staff; establish safety guidelines for staff to follow before engaging in any type of program with guests; maintain a high level of safety and comfort for all guests during activities.
- Responsible for keeping up on maintenance and appearance of all facilities and equipment.
- Comply with all Suncadia policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Comply with Suncadia grooming and uniform policy.
* Must fill out and pass background check prior to hire. * College degree preferred in Elementary Education or Recreation Management or a related field. * One- two years’ experience in educational, recreational, or related areas which include working with a variety of clientele. * Background or experience in camp programming or related activities and special event planning. * Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. * Must have knowledge of programming, planning and leadership. * Highly organized, detail oriented and ability to work independently. * Physical ability to meet the demands of the position, including lifting heavy objects. * Must be willing to work flexible hours and days, nights, weekends and holidays. * Ability to work well with others and function under high-intensity situations. * First Aid and CPR certifications required and food handlers permit. * Proficiency in word processing/computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Springer Miller) * Energetic self-starter with strong work ethic. * Ability to engage in conversation with members, guests and associates to promote positive relations. * Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with a smile.
Primary Location: US-WA-Cle Elum
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Part-time
Job: Golf and Recreation
Req ID: CLE001926
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.