Hyatt Executive Housekeeping Manager in COLUMBUS, Ohio
At Hyatt, we believe in being authentic. Showing kindness, care, and thoughtfulness allows us to connect in just the right way. This is our passion, our purpose. We care for people so that they can be their best.
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for all duties of the housekeeping operation and cleanliness levels in all areas of the property. Responsibilities include: colleague training, inter-department communications, and colleague scheduling. The Executive Housekeeper will promote an atmosphere that insures strong guest orientation and colleague engagement. This position requires strong attention to detail, leadership skills, and the ability to effectively communicate and function with department heads, guests, and team members.This position is responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the hotel’s Housekeeping operations. Development and recommending the budget, labor cost plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans. They must have a solid understanding of housekeeping and laundry supplies and pars. This position will reach colleagues importance of, and how to greet guests and courteously solve guest requests. They will see that inspection program is consistently maintained and inspect some rooms daily. They will assure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed and work closely with all other Departments. This position will work closely with vendors to assure proper pricing, delivery, and maintenance. They will be teaching, supervising, and mentoring multilingual and multicultural staff as well as coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures. Ensure OSHA and ADA policies are adhered to and insures proper colleague levels for customer service goals.
Located near the trendy Short North Arts and Arena District, our downtown Columbus Hotel is the ideal home base for travelers from all over the world to connect. Fresh and modern, Hyatt Regency Columbus offers 633 rooms and spacious suites. Sleek and stylish, our spotless hotel rooms feature upgraded amenities like swiveling flat-screen TVs, luxurious bedding and chic, contemporary décor. With over 70,000 square feet of meeting space and direct connection to the Greater Columbus Convention Center, our downtown hotel is a one stop experience for any occasion—from corporate meetings to weddings to family events.
Reasons to join the Hyatt Family!
- Free & Discounted Room Nights at Hyatt Hotels
- Complimentary Bus Passes for COTA
- Paid Holidays, Vacation & Sick Days
- Affordable Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance & Paid Short Term Disability
- $1,000 Yearly Education Assistance
- Paid New Child Leave
- Complimentary Meals & Uniforms
- Family Events & Recognition Celebrations
- Career Growth & More!
* Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds. * 4 years or more of progressive hotel Rooms Management experience (typically with Hyatt). * With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred * Service oriented style with professional presentations skills * Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset * Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line * Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English * Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel * Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
Primary Location: US-OH-Columbus
Organization: Hyatt Regency Columbus
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: COL003010
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.