Hyatt Intermediate Line Cook - Banquet Kitchen in DENVER, Colorado
This posting is for an Intermediate Banquet Kitchen Cook at Grand Hyatt Denver located in downtown Denver. Responsible for assisting in generating meals for guests hosted in over 50,000 sq ft of meeting space.
An Intermediate Cook is responsible for working as part of a team and focuses on prepping for the kitchen and production of standardized meals. Cooks are accountable for delivering the same quality of product every time.
- Candidates must have at least 1 year of professional cooking experience, or formal culinary training with sufficient high-volume cooking.
- Candidates should have experience with breakfast and lunch/dinner cooking.
- Candidates must also demonstrate good communication skills, good knife skills, product knowledge and identification, knowledge of cooking methods, such as baking, braising, steaming, broiling, frying and poaching.
- This position involves standing on feet for long periods of time and requires the ability to lift, push and carry moderate amounts of weight.
- This position involves following recipe cards and executing verbal tasks with moderate supervision.
- This position involves maintaining a prep inventory, and keeping all items labeled dated, and rotated for freshness. Candidates must have open availability, on each day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
If you are ready to be a part of this fun, fast paced restaurant team, please apply! This is an opportunity to shine and show your skills and speed to our diverse group of guests and associates. We have a strong focus on cleanliness, organization and food safety. Come enjoy our positive working environment and all the great benefits of working for Hyatt!
This is a full-time opportunity and offers several benefits, including insurance packages, generous paid time off benefit, retirement plans, free hotel night stays, and much more.
$15.50 per hour.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You are more than welcome.
* Refined verbal communication skills. * 2 years of previous line experience preferred. * Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred. * Candidate should be able to perform all basic cooking skills. * Able to work single station in the kitchen. * A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment. * Ability to stand for long periods of time.
This is a great opportunity to get a start with Hyatt as a cook. For immediate consideration of the intermediate cook position, click Apply Now and complete an application for the intermediate cook position on the Hyatt Careers Site!
Primary Location: US-CO-Denver
Organization: Grand Hyatt Denver
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: DEN006578
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.