Hyatt Lead Line Cook- Courier Restaurant Kitchen in DENVER, Colorado
This posting is for a Lead Line Cook in our restaurant, Courier Market l Bar l Kitchen at Grand Hyatt Denver located in downtown Denver.
A Lead Line Cook is responsible for working as part of a team and focuses on prepping for the kitchen and production of standardized meals for our restaurant Courier Market l Bar l Kitchen. Cooks are accountable for delivering the same quality of product every time.
- Candidates must have at least 3 years of professional line cooking experience, or formal culinary training with sufficient high-volume line cooking.
- Candidates should have experience with breakfast and lunch/dinner cooking.
- Candidates must also demonstrate good communication skills, good knife skills, product knowledge and identification, knowledge of cooking methods, such as baking, braising, steaming, broiling, frying and poaching.
- This position involves standing on feet for long periods of time and requires the ability to lift, push and carry moderate amounts of weight. * This position involves following recipe cards and executing verbal tasks with minimal supervision
- This position involves maintaining a prep inventory, and keeping all items labeled, dated, and rotated for freshness.
This position involves being responsible for every aspect of the station assigned to.
Candidates must have open availability, including weekends and holidays as scheduling is based on business needs.
If you are ready to be a part of this fun, fast paced restaurant team, please apply! This is an opportunity to shine and show your skills and speed to our diverse group of guests and associates. We have a strong focus on cleanliness, organization and food safety. Come enjoy our positive working environment and all the great benefits of working for Hyatt!
This is a full-time opportunity and offers several benefits, including insurance packages, generous paid time off benefit, retirement plans, free hotel night stays, and much more.
$16.00 per hour.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You are more than welcome.
- Requires good communication skills.
- 3 years of previous line experience preferred.
- Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred.
- Candidates should be able to perform all basic and intermediate cooking skills.
- Able to work multiple stations in the kitchen.
- Requires moderate supervision and training.
Primary Location: US-CO-Denver
Organization: Grand Hyatt Denver
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: DEN006070
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.