Hyatt Executive Sous Chef in DO, South Korea
Hyatt is extremely pleased to prepare the opening for the Grand Hyatt Jeju with a new vision of the Grand Hyatt brand in Jeju, reflective of the island’s unique environment, and providing travelers with our first-class integrated resort service and hospitality. The hotel will be one of the largest Hyatt hotels with 1,600 rooms, 11 food and beverage outlets, and approximately 1,200 square meters of meeting space, indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center, two spas (Western and Korean) with a total of eight treatment rooms and a kids club.
To function as a key part of the Culinary senior leadership, responsible for daily operational proactive management of multiple dynamic outlets, making sure to contribute to the overall success with the hotel’s standards and financial goals. Reporting to the Executive Chef , this role is an integral part of the Hotel's Department Heads and encompasses a balance of strategic business partner and proactive role with specific cuisine strength in both Western and Korean cuisine.
The position will initially be based in Seoul during the hotel construction period. The successful candidate will join the hotel team in Jeju City/Island, South Korea, upon completion of construction and prior to the hotel opening.
To be Successful in This Role, You Will Require to Have
- Formal education with an apprenticeship or professionally recognized Culinary degree.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years experience as Executive Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine of a high volume restaurant in a large scale operation.
- Hands on, in the kitchen, creative chef who understands and can execute current restaurant and Culinary trends.
- Flexible, hands on leadership driven by example. Strong organizational skills across multiple kitchens required.
- Creative and patient trainer, willing and able to develop the future leadership from within at all times.
- Critical skills required include previous experience within a large dynamic operation with multiple outlets of varied cuisines.
- Able to place critical priority for food safety and previous experience in HACCP kitchen, ISO 22000 preferred
Primary Location: KR-Jeju-do
Organization: Grand Hyatt Jeju
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: JEJ000289
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.