Hyatt Pastry Chef in DO, South Korea
Hyatt is extremely pleased to prepare the opening for the Grand Hyatt Jeju with a new vision of the Grand Hyatt brand in Jeju, reflective of the island’s unique environment, and providing travelers with our first-class integrated resort service and hospitality. The hotel will be one of the largest Hyatt hotels with 1,600 rooms, 11 food and beverage outlets, and approximately 1,200 square meters of meeting space, indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center, two spas (Western and Korean) with a total of eight treatment rooms and a kids club.
To function as the Department head for all pastry and bakery products, making sure that they contribute to the overall success of outlets and banquets, in accordance with the hotel’s standards and financial goals. Reporting to the Executive Chef , this role is an integral part of the Hotel's Department Heads and encompasses a balance of strategic business partner and proactive role with .
The position will initially be based in Jeju City/Island, South Korea.
To be Successful in This Role, You Will Require to Have:
- Formal Education in Pastry required, ideally with a European apprenticeship or professionally recognized diploma in Pastry Arts.
- Minimum 6 years work experience as Executive Pastry Chef, or Pastry Chef in world renowned quality large multiple outlet operation (hotel or freestanding multi concept).
- Candidate must have stable work history and extensive experience in Asia, including understanding of domestic and overseas target market. Candidate should be creative with understanding of current freestanding pastry retail concepts and trends with the ability to benchmark and develop.
- Experience in target market integrated resort (Casino) experience preferred.
- Industry respected specialist and or leader in Chocolate, Ice Cream and/or Bakery highly sought after.
Primary Location: KR-Jeju-do
Organization: Grand Hyatt Jeju
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: JEJ000287
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.