Hyatt HR and Admin Coordinator in DOHA, Qatar
The Human Resource and Admin Coordinator is responsible for filling hourly positions in a timely manner, accurate and timely completion of paperwork, the understanding and enforcement of company policies and assisting in benefits administration and workmen's compensation duties. Strives be a liaison between various departments for problem solving while exhibiting confidentiality.
Qualifications:_Education & Experience:_ o High School diploma or equivalent. o Two years Human Resources experience is preferred. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance and/or equivalent work experience. o Bilingual preferred (Arabic & English) o Knowledge of government and employment law in Qatar.
Required Competencies o Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly with strong oral and written communication skills o Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations. o Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately. o Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary. o Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests in the order of strong counseling skills. o Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc, from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need. o Must have attention to detail and be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines. o Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.*Responsibilities may include any and all of the following: *
Approaches all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintains high standards of appearance and grooming, which includes proper dress and a correct nametag when working.
- Has knowledge and understanding of all department policies and procedures, and can communicate and enforce all policies fairly and consistently with team members.
- Manage Human Resources programs such as recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits and training for hotel employees to ensure policy compliance and a positive employee culture.
- Manage the recruitment of qualified applicants for hotel open positions and ensure that hiring standards are followed (i.e. behavioral interviewing, reference checks, team interviews).
- Conduct new employee orientation to familiarize employees with Hyatt philosophies and other employee service programs; ensure the accurate completion of new hire paperwork.
- Coordinate the administration of compensation and benefit programs to include wage and benefit surveys, benefits enrollment and communication, personnel action forms, and payroll changes.
- Assist with the development and implementation of specialized incentive/recognition programs for line level employees; make recommendations to GM.
- Develop, support and administer an effective employee relations program to include employee grievance process, employee coaching & counseling process, employee recognition programs, performance management; and ensure a positive and supportive work environment. Serve as liaison between hotel and community to foster positive community public relations.
- Design and develop effective training and development programs for employees, coordinate internal and external training programs; monitor and measure the effectiveness of training.
- Communicate, interpret and implement human resources policies and procedures; ensure consistency in application and compliance with government laws and regulations.
- Oversee maintenance of accurate and up-to-date employee files.
- Oversee the processing of appropriate worker's compensation, work related injury and unemployment claims to ensure proper completion of required paperwork; monitor costs, and participate in safety committee to help minimize potential liabilities.
- Spend time with applicants and employees discussing employment issues; speaking, listening, thinking, and writing.
- Spend time communicating and interacting with various people inside and outside of the hotel.
- Ability to document effectively, any employee related activities.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Attend any and all meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Primary Location: QA-Doha-Doha
Organization: Hyatt Residences West Bay Doha
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: DOH001156
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.