Hyatt Sous Chef (Californian Cuisine) - Santa Monica Breakfast Club in DOHA, Qatar
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive colleagues who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences to each every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Our Hyatt Culture is represented by our mission, values, and goals through: Innovative, Respect, Service-Oriented and Inclusion. Innovative, Hyatt is forward thinking and passionate as we seek new ways to advance in the hospitality industry. Respect, Hyatt associates are inspired by the team's spirit and camaraderie given to one another. Service-Oriented, Hyatt is customer focused by providing authentic hospitality in every way every time. Diversity and Inclusion, Diversity is an integral part of who we are and what we represent.
About Santa Monica Breakfast Club
A place for western expats that stands at odds with the ugly truth of living a life in a foreign country, far away from home. This place is the antonym to all that makes life as an expat difficult. This is the place without rules, where you just do as you please, when you want and how you want it. In short - this is the home away from home, you never knew you had.
As the Sous Chef in Santa Monica Breakfast club, you will be responsible for efficient running of the Kitchen in line with Hyatt International’s Corporate Strategies and SMBC operation concept. You will oversee the kitchen in lieu of the kitchen management and ensuring operations run accordingly to all culinary standards.Working in a team, you will support the Executive Sous Chef in supervising and managing the day to day operations as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Assist in maximizing the team's morale and productivity
- Prepare, create and present all menu items to guests
- Ensure all menu items from the section are prepared consistently and according to standard
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically
- Assist in the training and guidance of your team and the culinary team
- Conduct monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies
- Plan and distribute the weekly roster and work schedules in a timely manner, ensuring that your outlet is adequately staffed
- Monitoring all kitchen operating costs and take corrective action when necessary to reduce expenses
- Evaluate local, national and international market trends
- Develop and implement creative menu items that adhere to Hyatt brand standards
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
- Experience with training, basic financial management and customer service
- Proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
- Strong training and communication skills
- Culinary education and/or on the job training, hotel experience preferred Culture At Grand Hyatt Doha, we focus on our brand promise of delivering Moments of More by offering challenging and rewarding careers that are more than just your typical job. Our values of Fun, Creativity, Respect, Empathy, Integrity, and Humility at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged.
Our commitment to you With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Some of our associate benefits include: Complimentary colleague accommodation with transport to and from the Hotel Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide Free meals in our associate restaurant across all meal periods Discounted accommodation rates for associates as well as friends and family Uniforms provides and laundered Learning & Development opportunities
Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in the culinary field. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Primary Location: QA-Doha-Doha
Organization: Grand Hyatt Doha
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: DOH000883
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.