Hyatt Director – Global Communications, India in GURGAON, India
* In conjunction with key stakeholders in the business, develop strategic programs in support of Hyatt’s marketing, operations and development objectives in India and work with Regional and Global Corporate Communications team to implement those initiatives in a way that delivers measurable results. * Position Hyatt as business and leisure service/product innovator through new initiatives and creative brand publicity programs (surveys, events, social media campaigns, etc.). * Oversee the corporate communication strategy in India in alignment with theRVP Global Communications EAME/SWA * Work withRVP Global Communications EAME/SWAto prepare, develop consensus for, and implement Communications strategy for India, including measurable objectives, individual tactics and action plans (both on corporate and on hotel level). * Spearhead an integrated communications program designed to drive preference for World of Hyatt and its sub-brands, working closely with functional specialists in brands, marketing, digital marketing and social content development. * Leverage Hyatt as a hotel operator of choice among developers and potential business partners. Implement and own a program including proactive trade/B2B media relations, leveraging development conferences to maximize Hyatt exposure, overseeing development of messaging and materials that differentiate Hyatt and its brands in the minds of this key audience. * Become an advocate for Hyatt’s leadership team in India. Create a meaningful visibility program for Hyatt spokespersons. Identify public speaking opportunities and develop messaging documents and briefings on designated corporate issues/positions, and in response to media inquiries. * Identify current industry and lifestyle trends that create opportunity to position Hyatt as an industry leader in India and an expert resource for news media. * Develop strong relationships with leaders of key functions across the company, including marketing, development and operational leaders, general managers and directors of sales at hotel level to enhance the credibility and relevance of the Global Communications function. * Build a strong network with internal PR resources at Hyatt hotels in India. Provide strategic guidance at all times in developing compelling storylines for hotels and destination and ensure that local/regional and corporate messages and media relations efforts reinforce and leverage each other. * Leverage new hotel openings, acquisitions, conversions and renovations to create awareness of and enthusiasm for Hyatt’s position as an industry leader in India. * Work with pre-opening teams to create a meaningful communications strategy to leverage key openings. Ensure the communications strategy is embedded in the overall launch strategy including social media, brands, marketing and digital marketing activities and planning. * Support hotels in India with the selection, on-boarding and briefing of PR agencies, advise on the day-to-day management of hotel PR agencies when needed. * Drive awareness for global brand builder hotels in India. * Support hotels in India with the selection, on-boarding and training of Communications staff. * Develop personal relationships and maintain active contact with local/regional/national and international press that will benefit Hyatt. * Act as a go-to person and provide assistance for hotels in case of a crisis and further support global communications teams with issues management and crisis communications when needed.
- High degree of personal and professional savvy and experience, which instills confidence among all internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
- Minimum 5-6 years managerial public relations/corporate communications experience, preferably within the travel and hospitality sector, either on the corporate or agency side
- Extensive media relations experience, spokesperson experience is an advantage
- Ability to lead through consensus building and strong mentoring orientation
- Experience in establishing credibility and presenting programs and ideas in a persuasive way to strong individuals in leadership positions
- Ability to understand and implement strategies that are cross-functional. Work with functional specialists on integrated programs.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Crisis management exposure and experience necessary
- Proven ability to write and edit a wide range of materials, including press releases, issue statements, key messages, speeches and other documents.
- Conceptual, strategic and creative thinker, with unquestionable integrity
- Flexible, stimulated by challenges, open-minded
Primary Location: IN-HR-Gurgaon
Organization: Hyatt India Consultancy Private Limited
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Public Relations
Req ID: GUR000652
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.