Hyatt Front Desk Agent in HAWAII, United States
Destination Residences Hawaiiis an independent collection within the Hyatt Lifestyle portfolio. We are located at Mauna Lani Resort on the Kohala Coast of Hawaii Island.. We represent a different kind of brand in the hospitality industry. One that believes in independence over sameness. One with the Hawaiian core values of Pono, Kuleana, Kākou, Po`okela, ‘Imi Loa, and Mālama. At Destination, we are true to our place; diverse by design.
The /Front Desk Agent /is a key member of the Aloha Guest Services Team who provides the first and last impression for our guests. The primary responsibility is to greet and check guests into the resort when they arrive, to check them out when they depart, and to provide exceptional service throughout their stay.
The day-to-day tasks include posting charges to guest folios, preparing guest folios for check out, collecting payment from departing guests; and daily account auditing and balancing. The Front Desk Clerk also provides /Concierge/ services by booking guest dining reservations, helicopter tours, golf tee times, and various activities.
The ideal candidate is a high school or college graduate with exceptional communication skills, a natural aptitude for guest service, a positive and upbeat attitude, and the ability to interact effectively and courteously with Owners, Guests, Vendors and other Employees. Candidates with previous hotel or resort front desk experience will be given preference.
The ideal candidate is also someone with the following skills and abilities.
- Speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Available and willing to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Familiarity with Mauna Lani Resort and Islands activities.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Team player able to work under minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail; capable of proofreading work to ensure accuracy.
- Neat and professional appearance, a genuine Spirit of Aloha. and a desire to work with the public.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated per requirements of all laws. / Note: First consideration will be given to qualified candidates who currently reside on the big island of Hawaii./
Primary Location: US-HI-Hawaii Island - Kohala Coast
Organization: Destination Residences Hawaii - Island of Hawaii
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Front Office
Req ID: HAW000035
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.