Hyatt Maintenance Supervisor in HAWAII, United States
Destination Residences Hawaiiis an independent collection within the Hyatt Lifestyle portfolio. We are located at Maui Lani Resort on the Kohala Coast and represent a different kind of brand in the hospitality industry. One that believes in independence over sameness. One with the Hawaiian core values of Pono, Kuleana, Kākou, Po`okela, ‘Imi Loa, and Mālama. At Destination, we are true to our place; diverse by design.
The Maintenance Supervisor is a key member of the maintenance team whose primary responsibility is the upkeep and maintenance of the interiors of condominiums and residences at Mauna Lani that participate in the Rental or Owners Programs. The Maintenance Supervisor will perform much of the preventative maintenance, with support from the Maintenance staff and outside vendors. The condominiums are to be kept to the highest possible standards and in good working order.
The Maintenance Supervisor will also perform work for the various homeowners’ associations with which Destination Residences Hawaii has contracts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* * Upkeep and maintenance of the interiors of condominiums at Mauna Lani Point that participate in the Rental or Owners Programs.*
o o Perform normal household repairs of an immediate nature, including, but not limited to, touch-up painting, appliance repair, hardware replacement and plumbing.
o o Assists in coordinating preventative maintenance and performs inspections for rental units and non-rental units and homes which are part of the inspection plan.
o o Assist management in determining the necessity and viability of outside contractors, investigates contractors and submits recommendations for final approval.
- Maintains files, manuals, manufacturer’s data, specifications, manuals on machinery and equipment and maintains drawing file of architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of Destination Residences Hawaii assets, including, but not limited to, vehicles, golf carts and vacuums.
- Perform work for the various homeowners associations which Destination Residences Hawaii has contracts.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
o o Attends department head meetings as requested.
o o Maintains open communication with subordinates through regular team meetings, briefings, including ongoing team building and performance development.
o o Assists with interviews for potential hires, performance appraisals, and recommends disciplinary action to operations manager.
- Ensures that proper safety procedures and safety equipment are used at all times.
o o Demonstrates the proper use of safety procedures and equipment in his/her daily work assignments.
o o Trains and coaches maintenance personnel in the proper use of safety procedures and equipment.
o o Audits work areas for use of established safety standards.
o o Monitors equipment for safe usage.
- Prepares and organizes bids/proposals for owner billable projects such as painting, miscellaneous maintenance repairs, tile work, appliance replacement, etc.
o o Assists with preparation of proposals, contacting sub-contractors, scheduling ‘out of order status of units, and billing and invoicing for owner services.
- Assist with ordering maintenance supplies and controls inventory.
- Answers phone calls from guests regarding maintenance requests and scheduling.
o o Prepares maintenance service requests, schedules work.
o o Provides periodic status reports on completed and pending or overdue work assignments.
- Assists with preparation of weekly payroll time sheets and schedules.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
Education: Ability to read, write and speak English. Communicate effectively with owners, guests and staff. High school diploma or equivalent. Trade school education preferred.
Training and Experience: 2 years prior maintenance experience in a resort condominium, hotel or comparable experience.
Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated per requirements of all laws.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills in the English Language.
Must have exceptional organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage projects and establish priorities with diverse time lines and responsibilities.
Must work with minimal supervision and be pro-active in problem resolution.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis. Must be able to climb up and down a minimum ladder height of 20 feet. Must meet the physical and mental health standards deemed necessary for performance of essential functions.
/Note: First consideration will be given to qualified candidates who currently reside on the big island of Hawaii./
Primary Location: US-HI-Hawaii Island - Kohala Coast
Organization: Destination Residences Hawaii - Island of Hawaii
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: HAW000032
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.