Hyatt Sous Chef - Italian Restaurant (Vietnamese Nationality Only) in HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam
Park Hyatt Saigon is a French mansion near the Opera House, a/sanctuary of peace/in the middle of one of Asia’s most bustling cities.
Park Hyatt Saigon was renovated in 2015. As this luxury-defining project continued, Park Hyatt Saigon renovated its ballroom in 2016 and just finished restaurants and bars renovation in 2017.
Our strategy is to make a difference in the lives of all those we touch — colleagues, guests, operators, community members and shareholders alike.
We care for people so they can be their best. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun. At Park Hyatt Saigon our aim is to create energizing experiences that connect our guests to who and what matters to them most. We are passionate about fostering connections, the place for any and every occasion and a one-stop experience.
At Park Hyatt Saigon, we believe our guests select our hotel because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and unique experiences.
Currently, Park Hyatt Saigon is inviting a new Sous Chef for Opera – Italian Restaurant to work with the highest standards of product and service delivering unparalleled service in the market.
Join with us to discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
- You will be responsible to assist with the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations.
- The Sous Chef is responsible to assist the Chef de Cuisine in managing his / her assigned kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
- Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented.
- Plans the menus and utilisation of food surpluses or leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, market conditions, popularity of various dishes and frequency of menu.
- Reviews menus, analyses recipes, determines food, labour, overhead costs and assigns prices to menu items.
- Introduces and tests the market with new products which are market-orientated in terms of price and product.
- Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and co-ordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and tests cooked foods before plate-up and service.
- Devises special dishes and develops innovative recipes.
- Establishes and enforces nutrition and sanitation standards for outlet kitchen.
Hyatt is a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. We could bring you the followings:
* Receive full training from Hyatt (Hotel orientation, Leadership development, E-learning, workshop…)
* Associates Social Space (Designed by colleagues for colleagues)
* Have 2 duty meals per working shift and snack twice per week * Be provided uniform and laundry service
* Discount 50% for F&B service at our restaurants
* Free parking at our associate parking area
* Be developed for future internal, transfer/ promotion
* Attend Associate Social Activities
* Complimentary rooms in Hyatt hotels and resorts all over the world
* Minimum 2 years work experience as Sous Chef or 4 years as Chef de Partie in a hotel or large restaurant with good standards; preferably with experience in luxury international brands. * Qualification in Kitchen Production or Management will be an advantage. * Qualification in Kitchen Production or Management will be an advantage. * Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential. * Basic Computer Skills in MS Office, and Recipe Maintenance System is preferred.
Primary Location: VN-65-Ho Chi Minh City
Organization: Park Hyatt Saigon
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: HOC000410
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.