Hyatt Spa Manager in HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam
Park Hyatt Saigon is a French mansion near the Opera House, a/sanctuary of peace/in the middle of one of Asia’s most bustling cities.
Park Hyatt Saigon was renovated in 2015. As this luxury-defining project continued, Park Hyatt Saigon renovated its ballroom in 2016 and just finished restaurants and bars renovation in 2017.
Our strategy is to make a difference in the lives of all those we touch — colleagues, guests, operators, community members and shareholders alike.
We care for people so they can be their best. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun. At Park Hyatt Saigon our aim is to create energizing experiences that connect our guests to who and what matters to them most. We are passionate about fostering connections, the place for any and every occasion and a one-stop experience.
At Park Hyatt Saigon, we believe our guests select our hotel because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and unique experiences.
Currently, Park Hyatt Saigon is inviting a newSpa Manager to work with the highest standards of product and service delivering unparalleled service in the market.
Join with us to discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
- You will be responsible for the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations.
- The Spa Manager is responsible to manage the department as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction consistent with hotel and Hyatt International standards, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Spa operation and administration.
- Controls and monitors all administrative, financial and sales operations.
- Prepares monthly reports on all management aspects, to include statistical analysis of participation and use of facilities, market appraisal and evaluation.
- Attends meetings and briefings as required by the Director of Rooms and Hotel Management.
Customer Service * Provides exceptional services to guests and internal customers in other department at all time to maintain positive interactions with good working relationships. * Ensures all associates provide a courteous and professional service at all times. * Handles guest and associate enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
- Maximises associate productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals as well as the expectations of the guests.
- Prepares budget forecasts and marketing plans in conjunction with the Director of Rooms.
- Monitors all costs and ensures that the Department's operational budget is in line and that all costs are strictly controlled.
- Greets VIP guests and potential members personally when necessary.
- Attends function, promotions for and on behalf of the Spa when necessary.
Operational * Ensures through effective supervision that all services offered in the Spa are always available and carried out with the utmost efficiency and courtesy as per the set standards. * Plans and programmes all Spa activities. * Maintains a close inspection of the state of repair of the building and equipment. * Continually educates and updates oneself on the various components of the Spa Operation, Maintenance and Growth, and recommend to Management new innovations and/or changes. * Takes active measures to assist in the promotion and public awareness of the Spa. * Ensures that the Spa facility and services are Market Leaders in all aspects of provision.
- Ensures the associates report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform at all times.
- Assists in the building of efficient Management and associate teams by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Ensures that all associates have a complete understanding of the hotel's policy and procedures.
- Conducts annual Performance Development Discussions with associates, supports them in their professional development goals.
- Interviews new potential associates in liaison with the Human Resources Department.
- Chairs management team and associate meetings on a regular basis with regards to informing staff on the department performance.
Other Duties * Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in associate and industrial relations. * Maintains strong, professional relationships with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels and other organisations, including tour operators and local travel agents. * Responds to changes in the Rooms function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel. * Understands and strictly adheres to Rules and Regulations established in the Associate Handbook and the Hotel’s policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety. * Attends training sessions and meetings when required. * Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Ideally with a relevant university degree or diploma in Leisure or Spa management. * Minimum 2 years work experience as Spa Manager preferably with experience in luxury hotel brands.
* Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must. * Experience as Head Therapist would be an asset.
Primary Location: VN-65-Ho Chi Minh City
Organization: Park Hyatt Saigon
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Spa Fitness and Wellness
Req ID: HOC000381
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.