Hyatt Event Sales Manager in HOLMDEL, New Jersey
Manage all outbound (External Client Sales) for both Social and Corporate Events. You will participate in the continuing effort to deliver distinctively different guest experiences and nurture lasting relationships with our customers with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of our sales objectives. * Lead the outbound effort to fill both social and corporate space (Selling Corporate Packages, Weddings and other social events)
Participate in Daily Business Review (DBR) by presenting best case business scenarios for each potential booking. * Maintain market and competitive knowledge for pricing both Day Meeting Packages (DMP) and Space Rentals with upscale regional competitors (Hamilton Park, Marriott Forrestal, Ocean Place. Chauncey, Tarrytown Estate, etc.)
- Respond before End of Business day for each inquiry
- Negotiate rates and services to benefit both Events at Bell Works and the Client
Know and sell the difference between Executive Conference and Hotel Space
Participate in both internal marketing and external client events
- Manages DELPHI (Sales Data Base) and proof reads each proposal and contract to ensure Director of Events approves of rate and space obligations.
- Work in partnership with Events Management Team to ensure all details and client expectations are exceeded
Greet each client at the start of their function and thank them at the conclusion of each event
Participates in all internal management and operational meetings when required by supervisor or the Managing Director
* Requires proven experience in a conference center/group hotel sales environment pertaining to meetings, events, catering and professional programming. Prior experience in an IACC/Package environment preferred. * Previous sales experience in a managerial capacity for no less than 3 years * Information is not always clear from either third party contractors, clients or internal managers. In depth investigation often is required in order to define problems and proceed. Often requires modifying existing procedures / precedents within established policy. * Projects are assigned with considerable latitude for decision making and setting of priorities. Work may be periodically reviewed according to achievement of predefined goals.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Holmdel
Organization: Bell Works
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Catering/Event Planning
Req ID: HOL000004
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.