Hyatt Design Manager in HONG KONG S.A.R., China
As a Design Manager, this position will report to Regional Vice President – Design Services, Asia Pacific, or the designated Department Head. The incumbent will be responsible to assist the Regional Vice President, Design Services and the Design Directors towards the efficient and smooth running of all aspects of the Design Services function in Asia Pacific, ensuring that Hyatt International’s Design Brand Standards and Strategic Priorities are introduced, applied and maintained. This position requires international travel.
The duties and responsibilities of the Design Manager will include:
- Assist Hyatt and the Owner in the Design process of Hyatt Hotels. Working with Hyatt Operations as well as the Owner’s project consultants to advance the project’s design process while safeguarding the Owners’ interests and Hyatt’s Design Services Standards.
- Work with the Owner’s Design Team and Hyatt Operations to develop projects from all design aspects.
- Evaluate potential projects through possible sketches, document review and site visits to access viability and report on findings.
- Assist in the development and updating of Preliminary Area Programs.
- Attend Project Kick Off meetings as requested.
- Assist the Owners’ design consultants on initial programming, space planning, and conceptual design.
- Provide guidance to the Owner’s consultants, contractors and project management teams on the implementation of Hyatt’s Design Recommendations and Minimum Standards.
- Provide Design assistance on refurbishment projects and provide design guidelines and advice to Hyatt operating teams as required.
- Attend co-ordination meetings and represent Hyatt Design Services as and when required.
- Review Interior designs and specification including giving advice on furniture, fabrics and finishes.
- Review the design drawings and specifications submitted by the various design consultants including Landscape, graphics, etc.
- Overview are programs, drawings, plans, and specifications to ensure that the Hyatt Brand Standards have been incorporated.
- Produce key Heart of House drawings and finishes and coordinate with the Owner’s design team for incorporation of information.
- Required to undergo any reasonable duties as assigned and main scope of work may change as dictated by business needs.
* Architectural Design Degree – Bachelor’s Degree or foreign academic equivalent. * Minimum of 5-6 years post graduate experience in the Architectural Field with experience in all phases of the Design process. Ideally would have hand sketching ability, detail design experience, and on-site experience providing guidance to Owners, Contractors, and Consultants regarding the implementation of the companies design recommendation and minimum standards. * Must have the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time. * Must be prepared to travel extensively. * Must have excellent verbal and written skills in English and Chinese language. * AutoCad, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills are essential. * Data Management Systems (Aconex) experience a plus.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation is global hospitality company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Hyatt employs 100,000 associates worldwide and has revenues 4.7B annually. Hyatt has been recognized one of the top 100 companies to work 203 thru 2017. https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best-workplaces/100-best/2018
Primary Location: CN-Hong Kong S.A.R.
Organization: Hyatt Hub ASPAC
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Architecture/Design/Technical Services
Req ID: HON003740
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.