Hyatt Assistant Director of Operations - FULL-TIME in HONOLULU, Hawaii
The Assistant Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing of the entire Operations of the hotel which includes Front Office, Housekeeping, Guest Services, Food & Beverage, Spa and Security and works closely with hotel operations managers to support the day-to-day needs. The role reports to the Hotel Manager.
The Assistant Director will also be responsible for the delivery of our strategic priorities;
Cultivate the People and Evolve the Culture:
- Coordinates, supervises and directs all aspects of the main floor operations with the support of our leadership teams within the Front Office, Guest Services Housekeeping and Food & Beverage Outlet.
- Recommends programs for the motivation and development of colleagues.
- Direct and oversee development of operations leaders
Hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews
Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to innovate, develop new practices or approaches.
- Works closely with the operations leadership team to ensure all financial, service and colleague relation goals are met
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality
Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Build & Deliver Brand Led Experiences:
Champions the brand’s service vision to develop to maintain consistent levels of excellent guest service.
- Drive brand preference among target customers.
- Implement procedures to increase guest and associate satisfaction
- Exercise quality control for rooms and food and beverage
Maintaining Hyatt standards of service and ensure their implementation Grow with Intent:
Reviews daily operating results and weekly forecasting and scheduling, taking immediate corrective action if required.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the Rooms and Food and Beverage operations.
- Direct the implementation of the payroll, reports, forecasts, inventory and budget for rooms and food and beverage operations
- Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
* 5 years of progressive leadership experience * A passion for ensuring the customers’ needs are put at the center of the business * Previous experience in an hotel operations type role. * Strong attention to detail * Strong customer service background * Previous experience with Opera Hospitality Software and Micros considered an asset * Education in Hospitality Management considered an asset * Must possess the following strengths: o Passionate Hotelier o Entrepreneurial spirit o Motivational leader o Effective communicator o Effective in providing exceptional customer service o Ability to improve the bottom line
Primary Location: US-HI-Honolulu
Organization: Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Hotel Operations
Req ID: HON003371
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.