Hyatt Assistant Housekeeping Manager - Boardwalk Inn/Village in ISLE OF PALMS, South Carolina
_SUMMARY:_/ /Oversees Boardwalk Inn & Village Housekeeping for all Wild Dunes Resort home and villa rentals. Oversees a staff of approximately 60-100 Colleagues, including Wild Dunes Colleagues and vendor labor staffing.S/he oversees the department ensuring service quality, staff efficiency, safety standards and financial productivity. TheBoardwalk Inn & VillageAssistant Housekeeping Managerwill motivate, train and uphold staff accountability to provide exceptional Housekeeping service standards.
Essential job FUNCTIONS: * Directly responsible for all housekeeping staff within the Boardwalk Inn & Village * Directly responsible for the Laundry Operation and Linen Management at Wild Dunes Resort * Directly responsible for assisting in budgeting payroll and expenses, staff scheduling, forecasting and control of Housekeeping operating expenses * Developing close relationships within Wild Dunes departments and with external labor management companies * Performs daily/weekly/monthly purchasing, receiving, invoicing and billing for all expenses and payroll * Directly responsible for completing individual and departmental goals set annually * Facilitation and completion of annual performance appraisals for the Wild Dunes Boardwalk Inn & Village Housekeeping staff in accordance with resort standards and policies * Performs daily/weekly/monthly inspections with staff * Directly responsible for construction, development and implementation of all Boardwalk Inn & Village Housekeeping Standard Operating Procedures * Participates in the interviewing and hiring of Boardwalk Inn & Village Housekeeping Staffing * Responsible for learning and utilizing all available Property Management Software(s) that pertain to Boardwalk Inn & Village Housekeeping * Reviews and responds to guest feedback through Revinate and communicates information to team to ensure continual guest satisfaction * Empowers staff with pertinent information * Instills a calm, organized guest service-minded approach in all stressful situations * Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment * Finds creative ways to empower staff, build rapport, increase morale, reward and recognize staff appropriately * Adheres to all safety and emergency procedures and guidelines * Adheres to all company, property and departmental policies
eXPERIENCE & eDUCATION:
- Must possess Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality related major and/or equivalent experience within hospitality industry
- Hospitality experience required- Housekeeping experience preferred
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong supervisory and organizational skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet company driving standards
- Must have excellent phone etiquette
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must have exceptional detail in communication and documentation
- Must be able to work efficiently under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with guests and Colleagues
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests and Colleagues Colleagues who are hired at Wild Dunes Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking;
- Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs with assistance;
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently, and squeezing & overhead reaching occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis;
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat);
- Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat).
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: ISL000263
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.