Hyatt Host/ess- Huey%27s Southern Eats in ISLE OF PALMS, South Carolina
_SUMMARY:_/ /The Host/ess is responsible for greeting and proper seating of guests as they enter the restaurant. S/he will be responsible for creating an excellent first impression as well as ensuring timely and appropriate seating of guests. The Host/ess will assist in maintaining the AAA Four Diamond Standards. TheHost/essshall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
- Plans and coordinates timely seating of guests
- Greets incoming guests
- Takes reservations in person and over the phone, using professional language at all times
- Responsible for hanging guests coats, purses, etc.
- Cleans and resets tables as needed
- Provides guests with high chairs, booster seats, etc.
- Ensures guests are comfortable and welcome if required to wait
- Maintains cleanliness of podium areas
- Answers restaurant telephone, responding to guests’ questions in a professional manner
- Escorts every guest to table, hands out menus and ensures table(s) are properly set up
- Maximizes the seating of the restaurant
- Attends mandatory monthly department meetings appropriate resort and division meetings
- Assists servers, bussers with refilling beverages and/or clearing tables
- Schedules dining room reservations
- Notifies servers of guests’ special requests, events, etc.
- Completes all assigned side-work, obtaining manager’s signature when complete
- Informs server of any potential guest issues
- Familiarizes him/herself with menu
- Answers questions and/or makes recommendations on menus as needed
- Assists servers with monitoring assigned tables for customer satisfaction, quality and additional service
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of Wild Dunes Resort including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Addresses any guest issue promptly and with concern
- Offers guests assistance resort directions, activity suggestions, etc.
- Provides assistance to restaurant staff as needed
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Wild Dunes Resort dress code standards.
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times.
Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
experience & education: * High school education required * Prior food and beverage experience preferred * At least six months customer service experience preferred
_Job REQUIRMENTS:_ * Must be authorized to work in the United States * Must be able to read, write and speak English * Must be at least 16 years of age * Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written * Must possesses excellent communication skills * Must be professional in appearance and demeanor * Must always ensure a teamwork environment * Must be able to work under pressure * Must be able to work in a fast paced environment * Must have excellent listening skills * Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays * Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and Colleagues * Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner * Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Part-time
Req ID: ISL000209
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.