Hyatt Hudson%27s Market Cashier in ISLE OF PALMS, South Carolina
_SUMMARY:_/ /The Hudson’s Market Attendant will be responsible for preparing quality food orders in a timely manner daily.S/he will be responsible for creating an excellent first impression as well asproviding exceptional customer service. The Hudson’s Market Attendant will assist in maintaining the AAA Four Diamond Standards.The Hudson’s Market Attendant shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
- Preparing quality food orders
- Ensure the orders are prepared within a timely manner
- Assist in preparation of food
- Cleans and resets tables as needed
- Ensures guests are comfortable and welcome if required to wait
- Maintains cleanliness of counter tops, work/food stations, tables, the Market’s appearance
- Answers Market’s telephone, responding to guests’ questions in a professional manner
- Attends mandatory monthly department meetings appropriate resort and division meetings
- Familiarizes him/herself with menu
- Answers questions and/or makes recommendations on menus as needed
- Assists servers with monitoring assigned tables for customer satisfaction, quality and additional service
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of Wild Dunes Resort including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Addresses any guest issue promptly and with concern
- Offers guests assistance resort directions, activity suggestions, etc.
- Provides assistance to Market staff as needed
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Wild Dunes Resort dress code standards.
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times. Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
experience & education: * High school education required * One year food and beverage experience preferred * At least six months customer service experience preferred * Previous cooking experience preferred
_Job REQUIRMENTS:_ * Must be authorized to work in the United States * Must be flexible to work in other outlets and be open to cross * Must be able to read, write and speak English * Must be at least 16 years of age * Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written * Must possesses excellent communication skills * Must be professional in appearance and demeanor * Must always ensure a teamwork environment * Must be able to work under pressure * Must have strong computer skills * Must be able to work in a fast paced environment * Must have excellent listening skills * Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays * Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and Colleagues * Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner * Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guestsColleagues who are hired at Wild Dunes Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Part-time
Req ID: ISL000214
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.