Hyatt Purchasing Attendant ($500 Sign on bonus) in ISLE OF PALMS, South Carolina
_SUMMARY:_/ /The Purchasing Attendant ensures professional work and deliveries in support of all Food & Beverage Department and other department on the resort of multiple activities to include delivering goods to maintainand /or support programs, projects or administrative areas. The Purchasing Attendant will maintain the AAA Four Diamond standards.The Purchasing Attendant shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor on a daily basis, receiving incoming orders throughout the resort and process them in a professional manner and getting them back out to the outlets in a timely manner
- On monthly basis help take a physical count of inventory in the warehouse on all items.
- Help alert the Purchasing Manager of out of stock items
- Placing orders after being approved daily
- Move freight, stock, and perform other stockroom duties as needed in operational support, or administration support activities and data entry.
- Work may involve walking and climbing over boxes while lifting and carrying weight up to 100 lbs.
- Work with chemicals and toxic material when helping to check supplies into storeroom area and deliveries
- Keep track of invoices on incoming shipments and/or gather invoices from all Food and Beverage outlets and keep order from each outlet
- Receive goods from Vendors, verifying the correct products as they come in from vendors, unpacking products as they come into the warehouse, and unpack the goods and store in the proper place on the shelves
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
- Attend all monthly and resort required meetings
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Wild Dunes Resort dress code standards.
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times. Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
experience & education: * High school diploma or equivalent. * Prior hospitality/purchasing experience preferred * At least one year customer service experience preferred
_Job REQUIRMENTS:_ * Must be authorized to work in the United States * Must have valid South Carolina Driver’s license and meet resort driving standards * Must be able to drive guests safely in extreme weather conditions (rain, wind, fog) * Must be able to read, write and speak English * Must be able to work well under pressure * Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written * Must possesses excellent communication skills * Must be professional in appearance and demeanor * Must always ensure a teamwork environment * Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays * Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and Colleagues * Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner * Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
Colleagues who are hired at Wild Dunes Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.
_Working CONDITIONS:_ * Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, fog, heat) * Must be able to work indoors or outside * Must be able to stand on feet throughout the day * Must be able to climb stairs frequently * Must be able to frequently lift & carry up to 50-75 lbs and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs; such lifting to including carrying weight up and down stairs * Must be able to bend, squat crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this Colleague. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Procurement and Purchasing
Req ID: ISL000201
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.