Hyatt Server- Coastal Provisions (seasonal) in ISLE OF PALMS, South Carolina
Coastal Provisions, Charleston’s Island Resort’s signature restaurant and bar, is tucked inside the Boardwalk Inn lobby. Overlooking the pool, the Isle of Palms restaurant design was inspired by Charleston’s rich sailing history. Weathered driftwood floors, curated natural materials and a colorful coastal palette create a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Bright and cheery in the morning and afternoon, alluring and romantic in the evening, enjoy our upscale dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Classic and craft cocktails are concocted at the vibrant bar. Colorful summertime cocktails and bites are served in poolside cabanas.
- Adheres to the steps of service using the service standards manual
- Takes guests orders using seat numbers and appropriate order taking sheets
- Enters orders accurately into POS systems
- Familiarizes him/herself with all menus including three meal periods, lounge menu, wine and beverage lists
- Resets dining room according to meal period and table needs
- Performs food & beverage preparation duties such as preparing condiments, brewing coffee and ensuring work stations are stocked
- Follows all proper bookkeeping and cash handling procedures
- Ensures all opening, on-going and closing side work is complete and signed off by a manager on duty
- Serves food and beverages to guests
- Informs and promotes guests of daily/nightly specials
- Checks guests’ identification to ensure minimum age requirement for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Removes dishes, glasses, silverware or other item from tables and countertops and takes them to the kitchen for proper sanitation
- Offers creative selling of products to guests
- Answers questions and/or makes recommendations on menus items
- Cleans tables and/or counters & seats after guests are finished
- Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing cooking methods and ingredients
- Takes into consideration any special request, dietary issues made by the guest
- Performs food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, cold dishes, portioning desserts and brewing coffee
- Provides general resort information for guests
* A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment. * Refined verbal communication skills. * Must have physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of weight. * Ability to stand for long periods of time.
This is a great opportunity to get a start with Hyatt as a restaurant server. For immediate consideration of the restaurant server position, click Apply Now and complete an application for the restaurant server position on the Hyatt Careers Site!
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Seasonal
Job: Food and Beverage
Req ID: ISL000064
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.