Hyatt Executive Sous Chef - Chinese Cuisine in JEJU, South Korea
Hyatt is extremely pleased to prepare the opening for the Grand Hyatt Jeju with a new vision of the Grand Hyatt brand in Jeju, reflective of the island’s unique environment, and providing travelers with our first-class integrated resort service and hospitality. The hotel will be one of the largest Hyatt hotels with 1,600 rooms, 14 food and beverage outlets, and approximately 1,200 square meters of meeting space, indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center, two spas (Western and Korean) with a total of eight treatment rooms and a kids club.
To function as the Assistant Production Manager for the Food and Beverage Department, and to ensure that all the outlets and banquets operate successfully, in accordance with the standard of the hotel, and that they are individually profitable.
The position will initially be based in Jeju City/Island, South Korea.
To be Successful in This Role, You Will Require to Have:
- Minimum 2 years experience as Executive Sous Chef for or above for a Five Star Hotel or large volume operation, previous Executive Chef experience preferred
- Able to control Waste and Cost Control for the overall operation essential
- Developing good cohesion and communication within all departments
- Able to manage an operation of multiple dynamic restaurants and kitchens, Integrated Resort Experience (Macau) advantageous
- Expert in Chinese Cuisine and exposure to regional cuisines essential (Northern Chinese, Szechuan, Shanxi) as well as Chinese BBQ and Dim Sum production
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP and occupational health and safety standards will be essential.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin), second language preferred
Primary Location: KR-49-Jeju
Organization: Grand Hyatt Jeju
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: JEJ000290
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.