Hyatt Restaurant Manager - Full Time in LAHAINA, Hawaii
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Our Hyatt Culture is represented by our mission, values, and goals through: Innovation, Respect, Service-Orientation and Inclusion. Innovate, Hyatt employees are forward thinking and passionate about hospitality. Respect, Hyatt employees are inspired by team spirit and camaraderie. Service-Oriented, Hyatt employees are focused on providing authentic hospitality. Diversity and Inclusion, Diversity is an integral part of who we are and what we represent.
The goal of the Restaurant Manager is to provide strong leadership and manage the day-to-day operations of the restaurant. This position is also ultimately responsible for the quality of service provided.
The Restaurant Manager Responsibilities may include:
- Supports and Manages the restaurant while working closely with the Food & Beverage Director and other hotel departments
- Responsible for short and long term goals
- Ensure effective hiring, training, development, promotion and continuous reinforcement
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Full understanding of Associate engagement
- Develop and implement creative strategies for revenue enhancement and cost containment
- Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives. Manage within those approved plans
- Responsible for maintaining a high energy, positive, professional appearance
- Plan, coordinate & manage special events and holiday functions
- Ability to take the initiative to run the restaurant as a free standing entity
Restaurant Managers are an integral part of the hotel's overall Food and beverage team.
Hyatt employees work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards…whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
* Full Time Management Position that requires full flexibility, ability to work weekends and holidays and a varied schedule * A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of others in a fast paced environment * Refined verbal and written communication skills * Must be proficient in general computer knowledge, including a working knowledge of point of sale systems * Candidates should be extremely detail oriented and organized * Candidates should possess proven leadership skills * Candidates should possess strong food and beverage knowledge. Beverage knowledge should include wine, spirits and beer * Hotel experience and a thorough understanding of restaurant service * Previous experience as an Assistant Restaurant Manager or a Restaurant Supervisor preferred * Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, and effective in providing exceptional customer service
Primary Location: US-HI-Lahaina
Organization: Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: LAH002090
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.