Hyatt Engineer/Handyman in LONDON, United Kingdom
Engineer / Handyman
Few addresses are richer in history and anecdote than this hotel; it is one of the most iconic addresses in London! Part of/The Unbound Collection/by Hyatt. Our newest property in the UK is due to open summer 2019 as a 153-room luxury lifestyle hotel. We are an international 5* hotel, ideally located just a few steps from St James’s, Covent Garden and right next to Trafalgar Square.
Our guests should expect the unexpected! We aim to inspire the freedom to be extraordinary, enabling individual stories through curated, authentic experiences.
At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best’. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun.
About the role:
The Engineer is responsible to maintain and operate all the plant, machinery and equipment within the hotel to achieve optimum guest and employee comfort and safety, whilst maintaining costs to a minimum. Some of the key processes include but are not limited to:
· repair of defects and the safe and efficient operation of the building, plant and equipment
· Maintain and operate all the hotel plant
· ensure that any un-repaired fault likely to cause an accident is isolated and that such equipment is left in a complete safe condition with the appropriate warning notices attached
· Ensure that in the event of a lift failure, any trapped passengers are evacuated as per lift contractor instructions and that lift contractors are informed of any service requirements
· carry out the designated procedures if a fire alarm is raised
· assisting guest’s during their stay and handling guest complaints
· provide all required information about the Hotel, available services and facilities.
You should have current working knowledge of general maintenance and engineering work and a certificate or Apprenticeship in a specialized field such as Mechanical, Electrical, Refrigeration, Carpentry, or Plumbing is a plus. Ideally you will have previous experience as an Engineer in a retail, hospitality or hospital environment.
With a good command of the English language, you will have very good verbal and written communication skills. You won’t be afraid to interact with guests, and be willing to be trained on multiple skills. You will have a can do, positive attitude, able to work in a team and individually and should be able to multi-task in order to meet a variety of deadlines and guest requests.
You should be able to work on a flexible work schedule as the hours for this position will vary.
If you are a dynamic, sociable and talented Engineer that is looking to join a fun and vibrant team, then we would like to meet you
Hyatt offers a great range of benefits, including:
· 12 complimentary nights world wide
· Individual personal career development opportunities
· £500 Reward for recommending a friend
· Interest free season ticket loan
· Tax-free Cycle to work scheme
· Tuition Aid, to name but a few
Please make sure you have the right to work in the UK.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-London
Organization: Unbound Great Scotland Yard London
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: LON003408
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.