Hyatt Groups & Events Coordinator in LONDON, United Kingdom
Few addresses are richer in history and anecdote than this hotel; it is one of the most iconic addresses in London! Part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt. Our newest property in the UK is due to open summer 2019 as a 153-room luxury lifestyle hotel. We are an international 5* hotel, ideally located just a few steps from St James’s, Covent Garden and right next to Trafalgar Square.
Our guests should expect the unexpected! We aim to inspire the freedom to be extraordinary, enabling individual stories through curated, authentic experiences.
At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best’. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun.
About the role:
This position is an essential part of the Sales & Marketing team, responsible for reactive last minute sales leads, the planning of groups, events and S&M administration forGreat Scotland Yard Hotel. By application of strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills. This position is highly versatile with a huge scope of potential growth across Sales & Marketing, whereby the individual will have the cross exposure of all key elements within Sales & Marketing. Growth and development are at the forefront of this role. They will be a critical aspect to the success the Sales & Marketing.
TheGroups & Events Coordinatormust have impeccable attention to detail and exceptionalorganisationalskills to be able to competently deliver all aspects of the role to the expected standard. The ability to multi task, prioritize and use your initiative are key skills required for this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Responsible for general office coordination and support of the sales & marketing team, including collection and distribution of all information concerning the hotel both externally & internally within all specified deadlines.
· Co-ordinate and manage all events & groups (client, marketing & FAM trips) held at the hotel
· Handle and manage all last minute meeting requests
· Provide clients with expert knowledge of the hotel product.
· Conducting site inspections with potential clients, competitor hotels and owners when necessary.
· To handle the annual request for proposal processes and follow the RFP procedure, including managing Lanyon, the co-ordination of rate loading and the update of all charts accordingly and liaise with respective Sales Manager and Hyatt Global Sales Office.
· To create all client, marketing events, F&B marketing collateral and business related flyers as required.
· Assistance with photo shoots and filming as directed by DOSM and/or Marketing Manager.
Experience in existing role or within a front office position, specifically in dealing with clients and groups is highly desirable but not essential. Great communication skills and knowledge on Hotel systems is essential.
If you are a dynamic, sociable and passionate individual that is looking to join a fun and vibrant team, then we would like to meet you.
Hyatt offers a great range of benefits, including:
12 complimentary nights world wide
Individual personal career development opportunities
£500 Reward for recommending a friend
Interest free season ticket loan
Tax-free Cycle to work scheme
Tuition Aid, to name but a few
Please make sure you have the right towork in the UK.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-London
Organization: Unbound Great Scotland Yard London
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: LON003843
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.