Hyatt Head Chef - The Montagu in LONDON, United Kingdom
- Accountable for the guest food dining experience in The Montagu Restaurant.
- Responsible for the food cost in accordance with budget and cost control in line with the hotel business plan.
- Responsible for seasonal menu changes in the Montagu Restaurant.
- Responsible for costing of recipe cards, menu engineering, communicating accordingly to staff.
- To work with other teams to maximise guest satisfaction and enhance guest dining experiences.
- To train, coach & mentor culinary staff to make sure that they have the skills necessary to perform their duties in the most productive way and to ensure maximum colleague engagement.
- To recruit future culinary talent and manage the performance of the team.
- To be familiar with all food items on the menu in The Montagu Restaurant.
- To follow standard recipes and minimise waste to help ensure that the food cost is in line with budget.
- To be knowledgeable of seasonal and new products on the market.
- To ensure all dishes are correctly presented and garnished before being sent for service.
To ensure hygiene and sanitation are strictly observed in line with hotel HACCP manual and that equipment and utensils are handled, maintained and used correctly. Financial:
To ensure that the department’s operational budget is strictly adhered to, that all costs are controlled and expenditures are properly approved.
- To maximise colleague productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling in order to meet the financial goals of the Department as well as the expectations of all people we serve.
- To prepare and ensure rotas are posted and timesheets submitted on time, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
To assist in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan and the monthly reforecast of revenues and expenses. Other Duties:
To supervise colleagues within the department, making sure that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To ensure that all colleagues are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in their terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company/Hotel policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all colleagues report for duty punctually, wear the correct uniform at all times and adhere to the Hotel and department’s grooming standards.
- To conduct and/ or contribute to pre-shift briefings and regular communications meetings, ensuring that they are effective and conducted as necessary.
- To maintain and utilise other departmental and colleague communication channels, e.g. notice boards, log books, handover reports, social media etc.
- To conduct regular performance discussions and check-in conversations with colleagues.
- To implement effective training programmes for colleagues in coordination with the Learning Manager and the Talent Development Trainer/ Departmental Trainer.
- To encourage colleagues to be creative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- To establish rapport with guests, providing guest recognition and good customer relations.
- To attend training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- To read the Hotel's Colleague Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the Hotel's rules and regulations.
- To familiarise yourself and follow:
- Hotel Fire & Evacuation Procedures
- Hotel Security Procedures
- Hotel Health & Safety Policy and Procedure as per current Health & Safety at Work Legislation
- To comply with local legislation and be conversant and act in accordance with any legal issues relating to your department.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or Hotel.
- To be flexible in your job role and perform any other reasonable duties and responsibilities which may be assigned to you, including redeployment to other departments/areas if required, in order to meet business demands and guest service needs.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-London
Organization: Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: LON002900
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.