Hyatt IT Manager – Hotel Openings & Transitions, EAME/SWA in MAINZ, Germany
The IT Manager – Hotel Openings & Transistions for EAME/SWA will be responsible to undertake all technology related activities for an assigned set of Opening and Acquisition hotels projects in the EAME/SWA region. This will require strong leadership, project management, mentoring, technical and business communication skills in working with and supporting owners, IT Consultants, vendors and internal Hyatt teams in order to align them with Hyatt IT strategies and standards and assisting them to understand the commercial and operating benefits and rationale of the Hyatt Technology ecosystem.
The position will require you to develop strong collaborative partnerships with these parties in order to result in projects that are on time and on budget, delivering and supporting the technologies that will be required for a successful hotel opening and on-going operations. It will also require strong technical skills in order to understand and assist in the implementation of Hyatt’s technological standards. Ultimately one of the overall objectives of this role is to make it easier for all parties to work with Hyatt and to support Hyatt in its strategic goal of growth and operating with excellence.
The position will report directly to the Area IT Manager – Hotel Openings & Acquistions for EAME/SWA.
- Oversee a set of hotel opening and acquisition projects in the EAME/SWA region as assigned by the Area IT Manager – Hotel Openings & Acquisitions for EAME/SWA.
- Attend project IT Kick-offkick-off meeting and provide an overview of technology to be implemented for this project, budgets and timelines.
- Issue the IT Standards and Guidelines bundle to the owner/operator during the kick-off meeting: o Hyatt corporate certified list of technology consultants to choose from. o Technology Consultant’s scope of work. o Hyatt Information Technology Design Standards (available on GTS web-site) o ‘Project Status Tracker’ (to be completed by each technology consultant) o Approved list of technology vendors. o Technology design deviation request form.Ensure certified technology consultants/contractors are hired on Hyatt projects.
- Ensure certified technology consultants/contractors are hired on Hyatt projects
- Review and approve the IT budget proposal from the Technology consultant in working with owner/operator.
- Guide owner/operator and their consultant on area of opportunities observed during this IT budget presentation.
- Assist owners and their consultants on value engineering proposals, as necessary.
- Attend coordination meetings during major project milestones and perform high-level review of critical items.
- Engage in ‘complex’ project discussions and deviation from Hyatt technology specifications (versus line-by-line review of consultants work).
- Ensure that deviations from brand standards, product specifications and / or approved pre-qualified vendors are escalated and, where deemed appropriate, obtain non-compliance approval.
- Review and approve all technology vendor quotes obtained by the IT consultant.
- Assist owners in making their vendor selection. Direct IT consultant to submit record of all selected manufacturers’ names, model numbers and all necessary capacity, size and features related information. Handover such information to the hotel operations team at the pre-opening.
- Ensure owners and contractors / vendors are aware of supplementary and spare part requirements and minimum order quantities.
- Monitor installation, testing and commissioning of technology systems performed by vendors/contractors.
- Guide vendors, consultants and contractors during the Pre-opening training and go-live activity.
- Accept the handover of technology systems if it meets Hyatt standards.
- Ensure that milestones at each stage have been completed by pertinent parties and update the Pre-Opening Toolkit available on the Hyatt global web SharePoint portal for review.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values (included in all job descriptions).
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary (included in all job descriptions).
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Hospitality Technology and Hotel Opening process.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in working with technology vendors, consulting and contracting firms.
- Requires strong background in reviewing building blueprints, both architectural and electrical.
- Hospitality industry work experience across multiple brands.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and platform skills
- Must demonstrate progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Strong Project Management skills, able to manage several projects at once.
- Possess excellent owner relationship skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Hospitality Business Management.
- Experience working on Hyatt IT Systems: SPIRIT Codes, CRS, Colleague Advantage, Oracle Opera PMS, CICO, POS, CRS, Sales Envision, Revenue PRIO, Oracle Financials, iScala, Book4Time, TAC, ResPak, EMV, Sertifi,Mobile Key, StayCast, HotSoS, Zello, HISA, IPTV, DIRECTV, Zingle, ECA, GEM, BOB, Birchstreet, Kronos, PeopleSoft, PABX & strong aptitude for computer systems.
- Microsoft Office required, with advanced skill managing spreadsheets in Excel preferred.
- Visio experience required.
- MS Project experience required.
- Bluebeam Revu experience preferred
- Travel 70% of the time
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with ability to work under pressure and adapt swiftly to manage business priorities
Primary Location: DE-RP-Mainz
Organization: EAME Regional Office
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MAI000286
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.