Hyatt Cluster Director of Revenue - Saudi Arabia in MAKKAH, Saudi Arabia
The Cluster DRM will be responsible for maximizing revenue and profits for multiple hotels through the strategic coordination of revenue management processes and procedures, responsible for driving the continued development and growth and optimal distribution for multiple Hyatt hotels. The Cluster Director will be responsible for developing, executing, and measuring the effectiveness of specific inventory and pricing strategies to optimize revenues.
· To be responsible for the recruitment and development of all assigned personnel.
· To manage the efforts of all assigned personnel and ensure they have been well trained to communicate, direct and use the business rules surrounding the Hyatt pricing,sales and distribution processes and policies
· To ensure that all assigned hotels implement effective training programmes for their revenue management and marketing analytics tools and business processes.
· To ensure that all assigned hotels have the appropriate tools and systems with access to decision support data provided by Hyatt.** · Build an effective working relationship with Hotel Management and Teams, including. Sales,Marketing,Finance and Operations, to maintain their trust and confidence in the Revenue Management decisions and actions being taken pertaining to inventory and rate control, pricing and overbooking
· Ensure professional, efficient and strategic utilization of all systems,in line with company best practices and standard operating procedures
· Ensure effective information gathering and analysis is conducted in order to identify and maximize on all possible opportunities and minimize any risks
· Ensure that relevant hotel team members are actively engaged in all revenue decisions by maintaining regular communication to effectively implement, drive and review optimal strategies and controls
· Integrate with other functions to maximize our customer’s, owner’s and shareholder expectations
· To provide guidance to hotels to maximize occupancy and revenue generation through pricing strategies and proper inventory management.
· To review distribution channel strategies and provide guidance
· To review analysis and provide feedback to assigned hotels on effectiveness of past and future revenue management strategies and market trends
· Coordinate/implement duties directly for hotels during absences of the applicable hotel revenue manager.
· Attend weekly yield meetings and attend other support meetings (Pick Up Meeting, Daily Business Review Meetings, etc.) as needed.Financial
· To establish annual budgets and ensure that all costs are strictly controlled.
· To oversee monthly budget reviews.
· To monitor RevPar competitiveness and provide direction to the Regional Offices and Hotels to maximise RevPar growth.
· To evaluate the success of promotions and other tactics aimed at increasing RevPar.
· To produce reports relating to past and future performance which provide Senior Management with key performance indicators and insight into business and market trends.
· Work directly with the General Manager and Leadership teams of the properties to collaborate with owner’s meetings, Hyatt regional & equity meetings.
· Ensure ROI Targets of clusters are met on yearly basis.Technology & System Maintenance
Review daily room accommodation and rate inventory controls in Opera, Reserve, Revenue Management System and any Extranets or Channel Managers and provide guidance as needed
Ensure group inventory cut-off dates are managed according to demand
Review blackout dates for potential adjustments if needed
Review rate parity with third party sites through extranet sites
Review key demand periods to maximise RevPAR and profit through effective consideration of costs of sales
Ensure hotel allocation negotiations are strategically in line with Business needs
To maintain and update business processes resulting from new analytical and revenue management technology.
To manage the vendor relationship with revenue management software provider.
To coordinate the ongoing development of revenue management tools through the Global Hyatt Technology Team.
· To provide strategic direction,communicate clearly,and ensure compliance of the pricing philosophy in line with any promotion or program.
· To provide guidance on managing inventories and utilisation of the marketing aspects of Consortia Agreements.
· To provide guidance and support to divisions, regions and hotels on pricing and distributing local hotel promotions.
· To work with E-Commerce, Gold Passport, Analytics and other Marketing Departments to ensure that all opportunities to increase RevPar are maximized.
· Coordinate use of tools and key performance indicators to measure promotional programs and ensure positive ROI.
Provide a synopsis of results versus direction from the previous week and lead discussion with respective hotels on future issues such as booking pace, pricing strategies, marketing opportunities and the competitive environment.
Review weekly sales production reports to address concerns and action plans
Develop and review annual transient and Group pricing on a quarterly basis
Identify opportunities through channels and recommends channel marketing
Communicate with market managers for key third party operators
Communicate with Global Contact Centers and monitor conversion
Review corporate account production quarterly with sales to identify patterns of production and agree appropriate actions
Coordinate awareness of business production,forecasts and trends including competitive data within the Area for actionable use by hotel revenue teams
* Minimum 2 years work experience as Director Revenue or Revenue Manager in a large hotel and big operations. Cluster experience would be a great asset.Strategic orientation, as well as good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must. * Candidate must have legal permission and authorization to work in Makkah since the base will be in Makkah. * Strategic oversight, responsible for forecasting and budgeting, upwards communication and training/clarification of policies/procedures * Highly strategic and strong leader * Masters in Business Administration – Preferred * 10 years experience in Revenue Operations * Opening hotels small/large hotel experience * Pricing expert
Primary Location: SA-2-Makkah
Organization: Hyatt Regency Makkah Jabal Omar
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MAK000030