Hyatt Assistant Manager - Banquets / Events Service in MELBOURNE, Australia
About Park Hyatt Melbourne
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world’s premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
As the Assistant Manager – Events Service, you will be responsible for assisting the Outlet Manager with the efficient running of the department according to the established brand standards of Hyatt International’s corporate strategy, ensuring it is a successful profit center. Working in a team of 40, you will support in the supervision and management of the day to day operations as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
This varied and dynamic role provides a chance to develop your Hospitality career within an international company; either in Australia or overseas.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership to a diverse team
- Assist with creating and communicating the rosters and delegation of tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies
- Assist with Recruitment of new associates within the department with the guidance and support of the Human Resources team in the absence of the Events Service Manager
- Assist in controlling manning levels of Events Service in relation to occupancy, requirements, service quality and costs
- Provide training and onboarding support for new associates within the department
- Handle guest enquires in a courteous and efficient manner
- Ensure all employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times
- Forecasting and budgeting
Liaising with all necessary departments to ensure the productivity of the outlet is successful in its daily operations Qualifications
Previous supervisory / managerial experience in a similar role and fast-paced environment
- A current Victorian Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate
- A local certificate in food handling and hygiene will be advantageous
- Exceptional people management and interpersonal skills along with the strong communication skills
- The confidence to promote ideas and make sound decisions under pressure
- A strong attention to detail and the desire to produce high quality operational and administrative outcomes
- The ability to create a positive first impression with an understanding of the importance of 5 star grooming standards.
The flexibility to work on a rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.melbourne.park.hyatt.com and @parkhyattmelbourne
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply through www.hyatt.jobs
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Park Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MEL001489