Hyatt Assistant Manager - Front Service in MELBOURNE, Australia
** About Hyatt
At Hyatt we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of /empathy/ and human /connection./ We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as /unique/ individuals, to enable us to design and deliver /personal experiences/. With over 590 properties around the world, our brands include: Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House Hyatt Ziva, and Hyatt Zilara
You will join an energetic and passionate team of ambassadors who are the face of Grand Hyatt Melbourne. As Front Service– Assistant Manager, you will assist the Front Office Manager in ensuring the highest standards of service and guest satisfaction are maintained through effective supervision of staff.
Day to Day
- Conduct daily pre-shift briefings with employees communicating issues such as rooms occupancy, arrivals and departures, VIP requirements, functions and events, and any other areas of note as required.
- To assign duties and responsibilities to Front Service staff and assist them with their duties to ensure that all tasks are performed in accordance with Hyatt International brand standards.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, quickly following up on any guest complaints and issues, reporting to the relevant department if required.
- Delegate appropriately the duties and responsibilities required to well equipped and resourced employees, nurturing and developing them whilst ensuring that standards of operation and safety are correctly maintained.
- To maintain a daily check on Microster and employee time and attendance
- Monitor employee morale and provide mechanisms for timely performance feedback and development.
- Consistently demonstrate and instil the guiding principles and core values to all levels of employees.
To act as a mentor to guide, develop the team and encourage growth
** What we are looking for?
Prior experience at an Assistant Manager or Team Leader level
- A strong customer service orientated, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent proficiency of MS Office and Outlook and Opera advantageous
- ** MUST have an unrestricted working visa for Australia
At Grand Hyatt Melbourne, we embody our brand promise of delivering Moments of More by offering challenging and rewarding careers that are more than just your typical job. Our values of Fun, Creativity, Respect, Empathy, Integrity, and Humility at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. Everything that we do for our guests is mirrored in what we do for our most important asset – YOU!
With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Just some of our associate benefits include:
- Above Award wage rates
- Discounted meals in our trendy associate restaurant
- Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide (Full Time and Part Time only)
- Discounted accommodation rates for associates as well as friends and family
- Food and Beverage discounts at Australian-based Hyatt properties
- Fully laundered uniforms
- Learning & Development opportunities
Discounted Gym Membership at our City Club
How to Apply?
Please click the Apply Now button. Don’t forget to include a cover letter and let us know “why you’re passionate about joining our team”.
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Front Office
Req ID: MEL001511
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.