Hyatt Director of Human Resources in MELBOURNE, Australia
At Hyatt we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of empathy and human connection. We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as unique individuals, to enable us to design and deliver personal experiences. With over 590 properties around the world, our brands include: Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House Hyatt Ziva, and Hyatt Zilara
Grand Hyatt Melbourne has a unique opportunity for an experienced Human Resources leader to join the team as Director of Human Resources. Reporting to the General Manager, this role sits within the Hotel's Leadership Committee and encompasses a balance of both operational and strategic Human Resources. Overseeing a team of five, the Human Resources function within the Hotel focuses on end-to-end recruitment, Learning & Development, payroll management, Occupational Health & Safety, Corporate Social Responsibility (Hyatt Thrive) with a strong focus on attraction, retention and engagement of colleagues.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- A minimum of three years' experience in a senior leadership role overseeing Human Resources preferably within the Hospitality / Tourism industry
- Relevant studies (Bachelor degree minimum) with focus in Business, Human Resources Management and/or Tourism & Hospitality
- Strong Industrial Relations knowledge; liaison with Union Groups is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and achieve results and how this may align with Hyatt's business goals
- Good knowledge of HRIS including payroll management systems (eg. PeopleSoft, Taleo, Microster)
Ongoing working rights for Australia are required for this position.
At Grand Hyatt Melbourne, we embody our brand promise of delivering Moments of More by offering challenging and rewarding careers that are more than just your typical job. Our values of Fun, Creativity, Respect, Empathy, Integrity, and Humility at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. Everything that we do for our guests is mirrored in what we do for our most important asset – YOU!
Our commitment to you
With enriching work comes amazing rewards!
Within this role, benefits include:
- Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide
- Complimentary laundering of business attire
- Complimentary Gym Membership at the Hotel's City Club for yourself and partner
- Extensive Health Insurance for yourself and dependents
- Complimentary car park within CBD location
- Discounted meals in our trendy associate restaurant
- Discounted accommodation rates for associates as well as friends and family
- Food and Beverage discounts at Australian-based Hyatt properties
Learning & Development opportunities
How to Apply?
Please click the Apply Now button. Don’t forget to include a cover letter and let us know “why you’re passionate about joining our team”.
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Human Resources
Req ID: MEL001380
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.