Hyatt Guest Service Officer - Guest Relations in MELBOURNE, Australia
At Hyatt we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of /empathy/ and human /connection./ We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as /unique/ individuals, to enable us to design and deliver /personal experiences/. With over 590 properties around the world, our brands include: Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House Hyatt Ziva, and Hyatt Zilara
As a team, we are responsible for creating signature WOW experiences for our most senior VIP’s and ensuring a wonderfully significant stay for all our guests as well as providing accurate information on the city of Melbourne.
We provide the highest standard of service encompassing all facets of our guest’s stay - prior to arrival, during a stay and on departure. Building relationships with our guests is the name of the game. We do this through:
- Acting as one of the lead ambassadors for Grand Hyatt Melbourne
- Responsible for supporting and managing VIP movements, experiences and requirements
- Responsible for supporting general hotel operations in several areas based on guest movement
- Performing dual function of Guest Service Officer and Concierge to provide seamless experiences
- Participate in daily team briefings communicating VIP movements, functions and events happening within the hotel and around Melbourne
What we are looking for
* * The ideal candidate will be relatable and enjoys working within a large and diverse team but also on their own at times. You are outgoing and bubbly, stand out from the crowd but love to mingle in it. You enjoy initiating conversations and looking for innovative ways to surprise and delight. You are organised, have great communication and time management skills. You like having fun at work.
- Candidates with full and ongoing working rights for Australia required
- Experience using Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook/Word/Power Point) required
- Experience using OPERA or similar PMS systems desirable
- A Diploma/Degree in Hospitality/Tourism desirable
With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Just some of our associate benefits include:
- Above Award wage rates
- Discounted meals in our trendy associate restaurant
- Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide (Full Time and Part Time only)
- Discounted accommodation rates for associates as well as friends and family
- Food and Beverage discounts at Australian-based Hyatt properties
- Fully laundered uniforms
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Discounted Gym Membership at our City Club
How to Apply?
Please click the Apply Now button. Don’t forget to include a cover letter and let us know “why you’re passionate about joining our team”.
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Guest Services
Req ID: MEL001768
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.