Hyatt Junior Sous Chef - Radii Restaurant Kitchen in MELBOURNE, Australia
Award-winning luxury hotel, Park Hyatt Melbourne seeks a passionate, dedicated and experienced individual to showcase their superior culinary and leadership skills within radii restaurant & bar on a full-time basis.
We are looking for a chef who is passionate about food, loves customers, working with small suppliers, making use of our wood burning oven. Our food philosophy is/Food. Thoughtfully Sourced. Carefully Served./ The possibilities and opportunities are endless.
With the support of the Chef de Cuisine – Radii Kitchen, you will be responsible for assisting with the efficient running of the radii restaurant & bar kitchen in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, ensuring all employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
Additional responsibilities include overseeing the kitchen in lieu of kitchen management and ensuring the operation runs according to all culinary and organisational standards established by the Executive Chef. Further duties include assisting employees with training and development while maximising employee productivity and morale.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Previous experience in a restaurant kitchen is required, with a preference for experience in a chef hat restaurant environment
- A passion for creating new concepts with an understanding of industry trends
- Relevant qualifications/certificates in Certificate III Commercial Cookery, HACCP & local Food Safety Handling & Hygiene.
- Exceptional supervisory and leadership skills with a commitment to developing employees.
- The confidence to promote ideas and make sound decisions under pressure.
- A strong attention to detail and the desire to produce high quality operational and administrative outcomes.
- Some administration experience along with sound computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written & verbal) skills.
- The ability to create a positive first impression with an understanding of the importance of five star grooming standards.
The flexibility to work on a rotating roster, including mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays.
Park Hyatt Melbourne employees enjoy:
- Competitive pay rates.
- Subsidised employee meals.
- Discounted and complimentary accommodation at Hyatt properties worldwide, after 12 months of service.
- Paid training opportunities.
- Laundered uniforms.
- Discounted security car parking.
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Park Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MEL001313