Hyatt Maintenance & Facilities Personnel in MELBOURNE, Australia
At Hyatt we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of /empathy/ and human /connection./ We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as /unique/ individuals, to enable us to design and deliver /personal experiences/. With over 590 properties around the world, our brands include: Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House Hyatt Ziva, and Hyatt Zilara
Grand Hyatt Melbourne is currently seeking an energetic and passionate trade person to join our busy Engineering team. You will be responsible for providing an excellent and consistent level of service to both internal and external customers. You will join a team that is responsible for assisting in the smooth and efficient running of the Engineering Department in support of all other operating departments, including maintaining the Hotel's building, equipment and facilities. We are seeking a trade qualified, passionate, well presented individual with computer literacy, excellent customer service skills with the availability of working on a rotating shift basis.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A Victorian recognised Electrician qualification with a minimum of 2 years’ experience desirable. Applicants with interstate or overseas qualifications will also be considered; OR
- A qualification in a mechanical based trade, such as fitter & turner or refrigeration mechanic with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Experience in a similar maintenance role within a hotel, hospital, commercial building or industrial sector
- Sound communication and writing skills with an ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Sound computer literacy and experience operating Property Management and BMS systems
- An understanding of building plant and operating systems, such as boilers, chillers, AHU plant & fire services (industrial laundry & kitchens desirable)
- Well presented, an understanding of service standards that would be required of a 5 star establishment
- Availability to work a variety of shift timings, including weekends, public holidays and night shift
- An ability to work both independently and part of a large team
- Excellent time management skills
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Just some of our associate benefits include:
- Discounted meals in our trendy associate restaurant
- Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide
- Discounted accommodation rates for associates as well as friends and family
- Food and Beverage discounts at Australian-based Hyatt properties
- Fully laundered uniforms
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Discounted Gym Membership at our City Club
How to Apply?
Please click the Apply Now button. Don’t forget to include a cover letter and let us know “why you’re passionate about joining our team”.
_Please note: Only permanent residents or citizens of Australia will be considered for this vacancy._
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Architecture/Design/Technical Services
Req ID: MEL001541
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.