Hyatt Steward - Kitchens in MELBOURNE, Australia
About Park Hyatt Melbourne
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world’s premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
As the Steward, you will be responsible for assisting the department in performing general cleaning duties and tasks related to cleaning and storage of equipment as directed by the Manager and the standards and procedures established by Park Hyatt Melbourne to ensure maximum guest satisfaction. Working in a team of 15, you will support the Stewarding Manager in the day-to-day operations as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
Please note; the role does not involve any food preparation, though on occasion, you may be required to assist the chefs with plate-up.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Prepare tableware for washing, receive and collect tableware to be washed, remove food residue, sort crockery, glassware and silverware.
- Ensure chemicals are properly maintained and their usage adheres to the safety standards stated by governmental authorities
- Safely operate cleaning machinery
- To respond to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensure the relevant changes are implemented
- Clean and store operating equipment
- Maintain par stocks of all equipment and supplies
- Polish silverware using appropriate chemical, operating equipment and cloths
- Previous work experience in a similar fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Superior customer service skills along with the capability of working both autonomously and as part of a team
- The ability to create a positive first impression and an understanding of the important of 5 star grooming standards
The flexibility to work on a rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays. A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.melbourne.park.hyatt.com and @parkhyattmelbourne
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Park Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: On-call/Casual
Req ID: MEL001393