Hyatt Team Leader - Banquets / Event Service in MELBOURNE, Australia
About Park Hyatt Melbourne
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world’s premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
As the Team Leader – Events Service, you will be responsible for assisting with the efficient running of the department through the supervision of staff and designated events, in accordance with the established brand standards of Hyatt International’s Corporate Strategy and brand standards. You will maximize guest satisfaction by providing the highest level of personalized customer service, helping ensure the financial success of the department and foresting a positive and provide work environment. Working in a team of 40, you will support the Events Service Manager in supervising the day to day operations as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
This varied and dynamic role provides a chance to develop your Hospitality career within an international company; either in Australia or overseas.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, service and menu
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu
- Assign responsibilities to front line staff and to monitor their performance periodically
- Assist in conducting monthly and bi-annual inventory checks on operating equipment and supplies
- Provide leadership to a diverse team
- Handle guest enquires in a courteous and efficient manner
- Ensure all employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times
Liaising with all necessary departments to ensure the productivity of the outlet is successful in its daily operations Qualifications
Previous experience in a 5 star hotel or similar role in a fast-paced environment
- A current Victorian Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively motivate, lead, train, guide and direct staff
- A local food handling and hygiene will be advantageous
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively manage your time
- Some administration experience along with sound computer skills
- The ability to create a positive first impression with an understanding of the importance of 5 star grooming standards
The flexibility to work on a rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.melbourne.park.hyatt.com and @parkhyattmelbourne
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply through www.hyatt.jobs
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Park Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MEL001490