Hyatt Associate Director of Group & Event Sales in MEXICO CITY, Mexico
The Associate Director of Group & Event Sales is an experienced senior level hotel sales role that reports directly to the Director of Sales. Responsible for the efficient running of the group sales department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations.
This individual will provide leadership in all group and event selling activities within the hotel, working closely with the Rooms, Food and Beverage and other revenue-generating departments to maximize sales through the activities of the Sales Department and other employees.
Responsibilities include managing and leading the Sales team: * Develop and implement sales strategies to increase overall hotel revenuethrough rooms, event bookings, and food and beverage sales. * Accountable for aggressively pursuing hotel revenue targets and holding team accountable for meeting expectations. * Monitor and document sales activities and make necessary changes to ensure achievement of weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue targets. * Utilize sales tools and systems to accurately identify, report, forecast and communicate sales data to drive hotel profitability. * Prepare an analysis of sales and data when requested for key stakeholders. * Ensure effective communication of client needs from sales to appropriate operational departments. * Responsible for ongoing training of all direct reports and ensure all brand and department specific training requirements are met.
- Apply effective leadership techniques within the sales team to promote a results-based sales culture.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, coaching, discipline and development of sales employees.
- Evaluate performance and take appropriate corrective action as needed to hold sales employees accountable
- Achievement of total hotel revenue goals as set forth in the hotel’s business plan.
- Achieve budgeted room night quotas and average rates set out in the yearly business plan.
- Identify opportunities to increase on-going and additional revenue streams and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
- Establish all sales quotas as outlined in the budget and driving performance with sellers to ensure goals are achieved
- Participate in annual business plan and monthly forecasting meetings, representing the group and event sales functions.
- Community involvement and networking
- This position may be required to serve as Director in the absence of the Director of Sales.
* Relevant Sales and Event Services experience * Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds * Professional presentations skills * Must be a caring leader that builds trust and engagement by cultivating genuine relationships. * Innovative thinker that will challenge business processes and concepts in order to drive results. * Must be creative and strategic in developing marketing/advertising campaigns and be managing various social media platforms * Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills * Excellent organizational and time management skills * Must be proficient with computers as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and the internet * Comfortable with sales and revenue systems/programs * Flexible to work some nights and weekends when necessary based on business and staffing needs
Primary Location: MX-DIF-Mexico City
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mexico City
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MEX000306
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.