Hyatt Overnight Security Officer in MIAMI, Florida
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Security Officer is responsible for the oversight of the safety and security of the hotel guests and employees. This person will follow safety and security standards and complete incident reports as required.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Qualifications: * A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment. * Refined verbal and written communication skills * Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances * Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays * Proficient in basic computer skills * Previous security experience preferred
ASecurity Officer is responsible for the oversight of the safety and security of the hotel guests and employees.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
_Job Specific_ _ _ _•_Performs Security Office, Employee Entrance and Patrol operations as outlined in the Standards of Performance Manual for Security Officers
• Thoroughly understands all Hotel Emergency Response Procedures and is able to respond appropriately to all situations
• Monitors/controls access to all facility employee entrances, ensures that only authorized individuals enter
• Maintains a visitor sign-in/out log and issues temporary passes to visitors/vendors
• Inspects all packages entering and exiting through facility employee entrances, denies access to or removal of unauthorized materials
• Verifies that all materials leaving facility are accompanies by a completed, signed package removal pass, confiscates and turns over to management, all materials not properly authorized
• Maintains signature lists of Management personnel authorized to sign package removal passes
• Patrols front of house, back of house and exterior hotel areas, reporting any safety or security hazards, unacceptable behavior, or suspicious persons to Security Supervisor for direction and resolution
• Prepares necessary maintenance requests for safety related maintenance requirements identified
• Monitors CCTV cameras and radio communications
• Documents all security related issues and assistance provided in appropriate Security reports
• Enforces hotel rules/regulations in accordance with Employee Manual and hotel policy
• Monitors and ensures compliance to hotel key control policies by all employees
• Interacts with guests in a courteous and professional manner
• Responds to all guest and employee incidents, gathers information, and secures area if necessary to preserve evidence
• Completes all daily reports in accordance with the Safety Security Manual
• May assist in the distribution of employee paychecks
• May assist in obtaining materials from Storeroom areas during non-operating hours.
• Documents all after hour storeroom entries, reason for entry, ensures proper requisition obtained for all items removed
• Assists other hotel employees in applying Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control policies
• Answers department phone lines in prompt and courteous manner in accordance with all Hyatt hotels standards
• Other duties as assigned General
• Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
• Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters of significance
• Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow employees
• Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
• Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
• Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
• Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area Qualifications
• Excellent communication and guest service skills
• Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
_We Offer A Variety Of Benefits:_
- Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance
- $1,000/yr for Educational Assistance
- Discounted Room Nights
- Free Meals in the Staff Cafeteria
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
* A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment. * Refined verbal and written communication skills * Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances * Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays * Proficient in basic computer skills * Previous security experience preferred
Primary Location: US-FL-Miami
Organization: Hyatt Regency Miami
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MIA002258
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.