Hyatt Payroll Agent in MOORE, Oklahoma
Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. The Hyatt Shared Service Center (HSSC) provides accounting support for over 150 Hyatt Hotels in North America and South America. Some of the accounting functions are: billing customer service, accounts receivable, accounts payable, sales and use tax, payroll, and treasury. However, the functions the Hyatt Shared Service Center supports continues to grow.
Hyatt colleagues enjoy the following benefits: health and welfare programs, Hyatt Retirement Savings Plan, education assistance, discount rate rooms, advancement opportunities, community involvement, and a colleague stock purchasing program.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards- whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. The Hyatt Shared Service Center was named in the Oklahoman’s Top Workplaces for 2016 & 2017. If you are ready for this challenge, we are ready for you!
The purpose of this role is to conduct the payroll process activities of the Hyatt Shared Service Center (HSSC) Payroll department. This includes working closely with hotel/location HR departments on a day-to-day basis in order to ensure colleagues are paid correctly. The ideal candidate will be able to meet the HSSC Payroll Department’s Mission of processing accurate and timely payrolls by efficiently maintaining and submitting confidential information to employees, departments, hotels, financial institutions, and external agencies.
* Process payroll for hotel colleagues * Calculate retro earnings/short hours for retro pay scenarios * Complete special payrolls as necessary * Process incentive compensation payouts * Process manual checks per Human Resources request/approval * Generate necessary reports to help manage general payroll processes * Audit batch entries for each payroll * Process ADP I-Reports to manage and balance payroll * Conduct post-transmission payroll reconciliation * Complete all payroll processing digitally * Other duties as may be assigned by supervisors * Regular attendance is expected based on schedule and business needs. The typical workweek consist of a 40 hour work week and will fall within the hours of 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Weekends, holidays and overtime may be required as necessary based on business needs. * Participation in employee events, onsite meetings, hotel visits and industry conferences is expected * Work well with others at a variety of levels within the organization
Ideal candidate will also possess the following characteristics: * Proficient in payroll processing activities * Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize and meet deadlines * Maintain a work environment that is comfortable, user-friendly, and organized * Ability to adapt to new demands, reprioritize workload and address urgent demands quickly * Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully to all colleagues and all internal/external resources * Eagerness and ability to learn new skills, technologies and business processes quickly * Ability to work well with others * Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and across all levels of the organization * Must be able to work inclusively, but also be able to work independently and without excessive supervision * Ability to work in a paperless environment * Ability to maintain confidential employee information * Attention to detail
/ Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law. /
- Minimum 1 year Payroll Processing or Accounting Experience
- Minimum 1 year working experience with relevant HRIS, HRMS, Payroll, Time and attendance or Accounting Systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Competent computer skills to perform essential functions listed above
- Excellent professional communications skills (oral and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Advanced data entry skills
- Associate Degree in Business or Accounting a plus
- ADP experience a plus
- Kronos Experience a plus
- Experience processing Payroll on the Hotel/Hospitality Industry including tips and service charges a plus
- Experience in Shared Service Payroll Environment plus
- Multi-state payroll processing a plus
- CPP or FPC a plus
Primary Location: US-OK-Moore
Organization: Shared Services Center - Moore
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MOO000689
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.